Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Who me? A funny thing on WIX

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Lestweforget just gave me a good laugh, and I needed it. On my topic about Mustangdriver, he agrees with me, then says, Mr. Greenwood, have you ever thought about becoming a moderator?

That is one of the funnier things I have read on WIX. In the first place, I am one guy, who some people are often calling on the powers that be to get me kicked off, or at least my topics blocked. I haven't seen as much whining as usual lately from the 3 or 4 guys who've done it in the past, but maybe they are saving it up, or it is just that I haven't been on much lately. Maybe if Scott had a great sense of humor he would have appointed me a Mod on April 1 without any other notice or comment, and see who caught on. If we had an open WIX vote on me as a mod, the no side would probably get more votes, including mine, than the Iranian dictator.

Since I barely believe in censorship, maybe for personal attacks or outright lies, and think open discussion gives the most interest; my heart would not be in it. And I'd rather correct or counter most of those, than just silence them.

It would be like Sara Palin reading a newspaper or Charles Barkley teaching golf.
And if I really had to do it and try to be fair and do an honest job it would be a lot of work for no pay. And I sure would not want to do the slanted job as some have done in the past. It is a little like being White House spokesman, (any of them), hard to be honest while pushing the party line, and stay a nice guy.
Last edited by Bill Greenwood on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Who me? A funny thing on WIX

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

They're looking for a guest co-host on the wix program on warbird radio this Wednesday PM 8) :shock: :? :P

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Bill Greenwood wrote:Lestweforget just gave me a good laugh, and I needed it. On my topic about Mustangdriver, he agrees with me, then says, Mr. Greenwood, have you ever thought about becoming a moderator?

That is one of the funnier things I have read on WIX. In the first place, I am one guy, who some people are often calling on the powers that be to get me kicked off, or at least my topics blocked. I haven't seen as much whining as usual lately from the 3 or 4 guys who've done it in the past, but maybe they are saving it up, or it is just that I haven't been on much lately. Maybe if Scott had a great sense of humor he would have appointed me a Mod on April 1 without any other notice or comment, and see who caught on. If we had an open WIX vote on me as a mod, the no side would probably get more votes, including mine, than the Iranian dictator.

Since I barely believe in censorship, maybe for personal attacks or outright lies, and think open discussion gives the most interest; my heart would not be in it. And I'd rather correct or counter most of those, than just silence them.

It would be like Sara Palin reading a newspaper or Charles Barkley teaching golf.
And if I really had to do it and try to be fair and do an honest job it would be a lot of work for no pay. And I sure would not want to do the slanted job as some have done in the past. It is a little like being White House spokesman, (any of them), hard to be honest while pushing the party line, and stay a nice guy.

Sitting here my head hurting like HE11 from an infection, & I read this. Now my head is killing me cause I am laughing my a$$ off :shock: :badpc: :rolleyes: :supz:
Thanks Bill & Lestweforget................I needed that 8)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Im in the hospital so it must be the drugs!!! :D

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm healthy as a horse, but what Robbie said, otherwise. I vote Bill! Jeff, get your @$$ outa the hospital -- you liked to died on us last time you were there, try BARS!! :shock: :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Bill:

It's good to have you posting again

WIX just keeps getting more interesting with each new posting.

THANKS

Steve

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Man I love this place! :D :drinkers:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Pogo wrote:I'm healthy as a horse, but what Robbie said, otherwise. I vote Bill! Jeff, get your @$$ outa the hospital -- you liked to died on us last time you were there, try BARS!! :shock: :lol:

You mean BARS Leak? The radiator hole plugger stuff???? :shock:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Diet Coke, meet keyboard and monitor. (We should have an emoticon for that.)

Nice to hear from you as always, Bill - how's the Spitfire coming along?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Now, now Bill, don't talk about our next president like that.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:44 pm

You really think Sir Charles will get elected President? Couldn't be any worse.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:14 am

I am glad this was taken the way it was intended! Jeff and Robbie, I wish you a speedy recovery. We all need a little humour to get us throught the day in my opinion! Lifes too short not to laugh! :D

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 am

Ober
You know that's not who I meant :)

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

Bill Greenwood wrote:

Or like Barack Obama doing something for the betterment of America....

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's Sarah btw.

:D

Rich

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am

richkolasa wrote:
Bill Greenwood wrote:

Or like Barack Obama doing something for the betterment of America....

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's Sarah btw.

:D

Rich

Post a reply