Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Hurlburt Airpark

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Okay, here's the rest of the "squadron"...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm not a fan of displaying aircraft outdoors, but this is one of the best maintained airparks that I've ever been to. The planes are clean and obviously well cared for, the grass is cut and the landscaping looks great. This is a well thought-out park...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:44 pm

The Air Force is trying to pull a fast one on us. The T-28 is an A model (with 3 blade prop) masquerading as a D model.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks for taking the time to take and post the pictures. They do look well maintained and cared for.

Dave in NJ

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 am

All Right! Happy Herbie Airplane Patch!

Had nothing like that park in the 70's but then....many of those airplanes were operating at the time!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Was there two years ago. The planes looked great, and the people there were all super nice.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Nice display. Having been raised in that area, I worry about displays like this because that area is very hurricane-prone. I’m surprised these planes haven’t long since been tossed around by a major storm as they roll through there often.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

p51 wrote:Nice display. Having been raised in that area, I worry about displays like this because that area is very hurricane-prone. I’m surprised these planes haven’t long since been tossed around by a major storm as they roll through there often.

U-10A was twisted up pretty bad by Dennis, but now looking great, thanks to America's Air Commandos.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:07 pm

My wife and I paid a visit to Hurlburt in 2000. Nice to see the collection looks just as good now as it did then.
Post a reply