Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Nord 3202B
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 pm 

Hi - first post to this board
I've been thinking about getting an older warbird trainer like a Chipmunk. I've got a few hours in one and just really enjoy the way it flies. I know of a couple for sale and may travel to see them. Fortunately there's a mechanic near me that's familiar with them and the Gipsy engines. Another plane popped up recently - Nord 3202B. It's a old French trainer with what looks like a very odd engine, Potez 4D34 supercharged. It's probably a poor choice since parts would be a problem and I don't know anyone that's ever worked on one or worked on a Potez engine. I am curious about them - anyone on this board has flown one? I talked to one gentleman that owns one and he just raves about what a nice airplane it is. I haven't found any flight reviews or articles about it. I searched this site and found one remark about how bad it was but no details. It's frustrating when Google can't deliver, isn't it? :roll:
thanks
Dave

Post subject: Re: Nord 3202B
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am 

I've never flown one but Mike Posey at Posey Brothers in Robbinsville, NJ owns one. He also raves about it. He's restoring his right now but you could contact him for info.

http://www.poseybrothers.com

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:23 am 

Steve,
Thanks for the information. I just spoke to Mike. He had nothing but good things to say about the flying qualities. Parts availability however is a bit of a problem.
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Hmm..don't recall seeing one of those before. Not pretty by definition, but as long as the fun is there
that's all that matters. Googling, I see there appears to be a nice one in Waco, Tx for sale. Ooops, make that was
for sale, but here's the old ad anyway. Welcome to WIX Montauk!
http://www.usedairplanesforsale.net/inventory/nord.html

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF