Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Gary Austin Fly Safe

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm

I regret to inform you all of the loss of a true artist in the Warbird Community, Gary Austin. With such a great and positive impact on the so many lives and aircraft, he will truly be missed. Please keep he and his family in your prayers. Fly safe, Gary.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 pm

What happened Taylor? Illness , accident. I just e mailed him this weekend!

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Wait, wait what?! Our Gary Austin?! :shock: Is this correct?! Or am I wrong?!
:? :?: :(

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:28 pm

huh, huh, huh??????????????????? :shock: Gotta be a joke! :( :cry: NO NO NO!

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:31 pm

No freakin way....................

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Our WIXer, Gary Austin, passed away this morning at his home. No details at this point, just keep him in your thoughts. I'm in shock at the loss of our great friend, comrade, and true master of his craft.
Last edited by Taylor Stevenson on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm

bad news... :(

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Thank you for letting us know Taylor. Terrible news.

It is an oft used cliché, but true in Gary's case, that he is a huge loss to the warbird movement as a whole.

He will be much missed, and I'm certain, not forgotten.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

This is very sad and depressing news.
Jerry

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

rest easy Gary. I'll miss you.
Last edited by muddyboots on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:40 pm

This is truly awful news! I can't believe it. Gary.... you've been an incredible person to know, even if only through e-mail, and here on WIX. Your thoughtfulness and generosity and dedication knew no bounds. I will miss you a great deal. D*A*M*N... I still can't believe this. Are you sure it's true?

Richard
Last edited by RMAllnutt on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm

AWWWWWW C'MON! :evil: NOOO!

I never met the man and was hoping to one day! But I felt I got to know him a little bit on WIX here. Truly a sad day here on our board my friends. For me he seemed to be one of the most balanced opinions on here. Now I feel even worse for not finishing my 1/144 Ole' 927. I was toying with the idea of sending him it when I was done. This sucks...

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm in shock reading this. God bless Gary... :cry:

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm

I am in total shock and saddened by this news. :(

Gary Austin was a best friend to EVERYONE here on WIX! :cry:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you Gary. Fly free my friend and a cheers to you for making my time on WIX enjoyable! :(

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm

This is truly sad and terrible news. The warbird community has lost one it's greatest assets and WIX has lost one of it's most likable and memorable members.

God speed to Gary, he and his family will be in my prayers.
Post a reply