Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

My First Stearman Time

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Just got back from my first Stearman experience. What a great time! Thanks to my good friend Stan, he let me do some biplane piloting. I think I like that bird alot. :wink: Cold bugger today though, but who cares?

Thanks Buddy! 8)

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Cool! Or should I say Cooooold!!! I know you all brushed freezing last night. I envy your flight though, sound like you had fun.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Awesome! I love Stearmans and have a few hours in them. That is the first plane that I did aerobatics in. What fun!

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Scott,

This thread is worthless without pics! :wink:

Glad to hear that you got to go up in a Big Boned Boeing Biplane. Now maybe you'll get smart and stop messing around with these Fairchilds and start playing with the Stearmans. I know where there are a few projects for sale... Remember we talked about this at Oshkosh this year?

Steve :wink:

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:52 pm

When the pof east was at fcm we got rides in just about everything. B-17 ,b-25 ,corsair etc. but the most relaxing was the stearman. nice and slow and open air with bug's and av gas and all sorts of things.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Awesome Scott! If we get some decent weather, let's go fly the PT-26 in the next few weeks.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Steven M. Dennis wrote:Scott,

This thread is worthless without pics! :wink:

Glad to hear that you got to go up in a Big Boned Boeing Biplane. Now maybe you'll get smart and stop messing around with these Fairchilds and start playing with the Stearmans. I know where there are a few projects for sale... Remember we talked about this at Oshkosh this year?

Steve :wink:

Yeah Steve, I know but this was a truly impromptu deal.. I happened to see him at the hangar which is located right where I dome out of our driveway at work. I stopped to get a couple of his CD's (fellow musician) and wound up helping him move the T-6 out and get the Stearman out as well. He said, "Ever been up in a Stearman?" "Nope." "C'mon." Didn't have to ask me twice and we were off. No camera time and all the pictures I took in my little brain are great, if you get my drift.

Maybe another time. It's a local trainer that was stationed in Iowa during the war, I think. He said that he actually landed at the former base and taxied to the wrong side of the airport, found a gagle of pictures in the OPs building that included his own plane.

By the way, I'll get that header off to you this week. :?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:39 pm

T33driver wrote:Awesome Scott! If we get some decent weather, let's go fly the PT-26 in the next few weeks.

Works for me Maj. Have a great trip.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:07 pm

My first warbird ride was in the LSFM Stearman last fall after the Thunderbirds at WOH, a great experience.
Post a reply