Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

The Elusive and Rare Harlow Trainer

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 am

Here's an assembly pic of Harlow Trainers PC-5A. Derivation of Max Harlow's PJC-2. Cute little bugger with a Warner 165. This is an assembly facility in India.

Pic was found in a LIFE article HERE

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Taken in Oshkosh, 2008

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Neat-o! I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that airplane. What was it used as a trainer for? Was it along the same lines as the Spartan Executive trainers?

Gary

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 pm

spookythecat wrote:Taken in Oshkosh, 2008

That is the standard civil PJC-2. A 4 place personal aircraft. The ones shown above (model PC-5A) are trainers derived from the 4 seat PJC-2. They are 2 seat tandems ...note the center windscreen and the two doors on the right side.

retroaviation wrote:Neat-o! I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that airplane. What was it used as a trainer for? Was it along the same lines as the Spartan Executive trainers?

Gary

I would have to assume they would be used as an advanced trained like an AT in US lingo. Retracts, flaps, but not sure what was done about propeller with a 165 Warner....no governor mounting available.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Here is a Harlow flying yesterday at the Blakesburg Fly-In in Blakesburg, Iowa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932Z8LlE5l8
Post a reply