Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Cactus Squadron Info

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Does anyone know if the Cactus Squadron in Arizona is still around or if there are still enough guys out there to put a 4 ship together. I was contacted by a lady asking us to do a missing man for her father's memorial service on August 29. It will be somewhere near Tuscon (can't remember where). It will be a little cost prohibitive for us to fly all the way over there just for a missing man. I was wondering who was over there that could do this for her.
If anyone has any info please send me an email at stumcafee@yahoo.com and I will put you in touch with this lady. She mentioned that her father was a WWII B-24 pilot and it would mean a lot to the family.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 am

I was the head Crew Chief for the Cactus Squadron. After Carl died, the team disbanded. I gave Jerry a couple of T-6 contact to call concerning a flyover, if this is for the same guy.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

Not sure who Jerry is however the lady who cantacted us was named Jean Muir. No big deal, I just thought it might be a possibility. I will just give her a price per airplane based on us flying out from Van Nuys. Highly doubtful we will end up doing it.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:05 am

Have her call the CAF at Falcon Field, and if they can't help her, have her ask about contacting the Churchill brothers at Falcon.
Post a reply