Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

P51 and PV-2 in Branson, Missouri

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Spotted these on the "main drag" in Branson. Both are listed in the Aerial Visual Locater, the twin as a PV-2. A museum worker said the P51 is a fiberglass and aluminum replica of a Tuskegee unit plane. Should it have "invasion stripes"?Image

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Sir, I will have you know, that what you concieve to be a PV-2 Harpoon, is actually a Hudson....I know this to be a fact, because one of the employees working there informed me of my mistake, of calling the aircraft in question, a PV-2, as did you...The nice bitc.....lady told me that this special "Hudson" came from THE boneyard....So now you are hearby officially corrected! :wink:
Gary
Head guy of H.O.G.
Harpoon Owners Group

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:43 pm

That's a good lookin' Harpoon. :P

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:18 pm

I conceed...It IS a Poon....now, to find out it's identity! I still have not recieved a reply from the Golf course owner....My thought is that it may have been one of the PV's that were listed in Opalousas, La.?????
And Muddyboots, it's a goofy lookin' Poon.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 am

Gary,
Both N6853C and N6857C were still stored at Lafayette RAP LA as late as Jan08. The Branson aircraft had appeared by Dec07 (and probably earlier, anyone?) so there cannot be a connection.
Regards,
Andy Marden

USA Military Out of Service

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 am

Definitely not a Hudson...

When I was a little kid a guy my Dad flew with at Eastern Airlines owned a Hudson and based it at Sussex, NJ (FWN) airport. It was in corporate garb. All I remember was that this guy was tapped out the first time he filled it with gas to bring it up there. I think his name was DeBaun. He only had it for a few years I think.

We were there when the owner was at the airport moving it so that it wouldn't leave real big ruts in the asphalt. He had to move it about once a month as I recall because the airport folks were getting po'd about the ruts. I walked around in it and it was in need of a new interior and paint then. The nose was closed in and the turret was removed. That would have been in the early 1970's. As a little kid I immediately went home and built an Airfix 1/72 Hudson scale model...

I always wondered if that Hudson at Sussex airport survived....

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:59 am

Tuskeegee pilots flew in the 4th FG? :lol:

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 am

Django wrote:Tuskeegee pilots flew in the 4th FG? :lol:

In my best Cliff from Cheers voice, "Well eh Sammy, it's a little known fact"

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up Andy.....wasn't sure what year the Hudson was mounted in Branson..

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 pm

If you don't mind, could you upload a photo of each for the Locator?

PV-2...
http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframePho ... rameSN=486

P-51...
http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframePho ... rameSN=487

Mike

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Mike, Uploaded 1 picture of each.

PV-2 at Branson,MO

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:36 am

Hi all,
any developments towards the identity of this PV-2?
Candidates, thoughts, theories..?
Scfan: I have sent you a pm on this subject

Rudi

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Still trying to ID this PV Rudi....

Re: P51 and PV-2 in Branson, Missouri

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 am

That's a good looking' Harpoon

Re: P51 and PV-2 in Branson, Missouri

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm

All P-51s should have invasion stripes, just as all P-40s should have sharks teeth, and all bi-planes are Stearmans.
Post a reply