Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Arlington Fly-In 2009 pics (Now with even more pictures!)

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:35 am

I guess I could've piggybacked this on the other Arlington thread but I rarely start new ones so there. :butthead:

This is some of what I shot on Friday.

And (gasp!) some non-Warbirds for those of you who may be into that kinda thing. There'll be more added when I get to go through the static shots.

Last edited by spookythecat on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for posting the pics! Very good photography! I really like the almost full prop circles on the B-25. Great shots of the Yak-11 and Impatient Virgin too. The aerobatic aircraft shots are excellent as well.

It looks like the weather for the show has been excellent.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Dennis Bergstrom wrote:I really like the almost full prop circles on the B-25.

So close...so close.

Today was beautiful again. More pics will be coming.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:55 am

Quick Al, run that photo of the ALPHA JET with it's gear down at flare down to the South end of the field and show the guys there what they forgot two weeks ago. :shock: ........................................nice stuff as usual and the 2nd WARBIRD WEEKEND is on @ KPAE in mid September :wink: :wink:

Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:23 am

The Inspector wrote:Quick Al, run that photo of the ALPHA JET with it's gear down at flare down to the South end of the field and show the guys there what they forgot two weeks ago. :shock: ........................................nice stuff as usual and the 2nd WARBIRD WEEKEND is on @ KPAE in mid September :wink: :wink:

Ooh! WW2!!!! I can't wait. I hope it's as great as it was last year.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:05 am

Shots from Saturday. Who says it always rains in the Northwest? We're becoming a dustbowl up here!

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 am

The Iron Lady!! Cool. I haven't seen it in years and wondered where it has been. I also love the Old Boeing Model 40. As always great pics man.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:48 am

Haven't seen pics of that Tracker in years. I used to see it all the time when it was a regular at the Elkhart shows in the late 90s. Nice pics!

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 am

kalamazookid wrote:Haven't seen pics of that Tracker in years. I used to see it all the time when it was a regular at the Elkhart shows in the late 90s. Nice pics!

Last time I saw it was at Elkhart in 99 and Grissom in 98. Good to see it gets out and about.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 am

Al, you've got a he11 of a good eye for taking photographs - NICE WORK!!!

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Great shots Al!

Do you have any more shots of the Tracker? My father was the pilot when the airplane was previously owned by a museum here in Indiana, and that's the airplane I sunk my warbird teeth into!

Trey

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Trey Carroll wrote:Great shots Al!

Do you have any more shots of the Tracker? My father was the pilot when the airplane was previously owned by a museum here in Indiana, and that's the airplane I sunk my warbird teeth into!

Trey

I've still got quite a few pictures left to go through but here are a few more for now.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 pm

So who owns and operates the Liberty Belle

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 pm

These are great Al!

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:54 pm

mustangdriver wrote:So who owns and operates the Liberty Belle

Hey buddy, I think you're lost :D
Post a reply