Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

2 seat Mig 15 pilot manual needed

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Anybody have an english copy of the pilot manual for a Mig 15UTI? Or even a single seat version? Doesn't matter if it's Russian, Polish, Czech, Chinese or what.

Thanks

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm

I no longer have his contact info, and opinions of this fella vary from person to person, but I know Vernon Ricks, in Greenwood, MS, has a Mig 15UTI and I would imagine that he would be able to help you with a copy.

Sorry I'm not much more help than that.

Gary

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 pm

I have one, but it will take me a day or so to scan it for you. It is for a -15 BiS

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 am

Albie Reddick up in Reno. Here is the website
http://aviationclassics.com/

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am

Brad,
check your email

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks very much Matt! This was exactly what I needed!

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Brad wrote:Thanks very much Matt! This was exactly what I needed!

NP, gave a reason to scan it, it is now saved with my collection of scanned flight and maint manuals

Re: 2 seat Mig 15 pilot manual needed

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

Could you send me a copy of this manual?
my mail cobra3092@gmail.com
Thanks a lot

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Who are you and why do you need it ? I am not in the habit of sending out manuals to anyone that asks. If you have a MiG, I am sure others on here would love to hear about it.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 am

Hi there, my museum (World Heritage Air Museum www.worldheritageairmuseum.org) is in the process of acquiring a MiG 15UTI that we expect to be able to bring to flying status by May 2013. I'd appreciate any manuals that you could send my way. My email is mtibbitts (at) worldheritageairmuseum.org

Incidentally we currently have flying a Temco Super Pinto, a Hispano Aviacion HA200, and an Aero Vodochody L29. A DeHavilland Vampire and a Fouga Magister are currently in the works.

Thanks

Marty Tibbitts

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi there,

I work at the Minnesota Air Guard Museum and we have a MiG 15UTI.

We would very much like to get a service manual for it. If anyone here can help out, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

John

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:30 pm

I am going to start working on a rating in the Mig in St George and would like some reading material. Could I get a copy?

Best Regards
Scott

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:08 am

Hi,

My name is Charles and I am a flight sim enthusiast (and, of course, an eternal warbird lover). I fly many flight simulators, among them being DCS, one of the most advanced combat sims on the market. I have a fascination for warbirds and old aircraft, and a hobby of mine is to write "introduction" guides to help new users to get acquainted with an aircraft quickly and be able to operate it in combat scenarios. Some modules like the A-10C, the UH-1H Huey or the MiG-21bis are very well documented, but other modules are still in "beta", and therefore only have very rudimentary information available.

I did many guides for DCS modules like the P-51D Mustang, the FW190D-9 Dora, the Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst and the F-86F Sabre. I am also currently working on guides for other aircraft such as MiG-21bis, the UH-1H Huey, the Hawk T.1A and the Mi-8. It's a hobby of mine and I do it for free. Here is an example of what I do (in my free time, for fun):
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137574
All that is based off information I took from the F-86E and the F-86F manuals.
As you can see, I like to write and figure out how machines work.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

The DCS MiG-15bis will be released in open beta this february to face the F-86F Sabre, and I know many eager virtual pilots who would love me to do a similar "introduction guide" for the MiG-15bis. I have searched for some time on the internet, but I simply cannot find a non-russian version of the MiG-15bis manual. And then, I saw this thread.

Would it be possible for me to have access to this english manual for the MiG-15? This way, I could have proper information to write up my guide. I know many people from the DCS community would be very grateful.

Best regards,

Charles O.
Montreal, Canada
Post a reply