Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:10 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Good to see Greenwood there. Any Spitfire updates?

Ryan

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:38 am 

Thanks for the T-28 shot, Al. I just should have assumed you would nail it. :)

I talked with Bill a bit at the Warbirds picnic Sunday night - all he said about the Spit was "it's being worked on" - I didn't get around to asking for a completion date.

May not get much more posted until next week - too much going on here now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Anyone not watching right now there's a MASSIVE lineup of T-28s taxiing out right now on EAA Blue Dot: http://streams.discoveryworld.org/EAABlueDot

Ryan

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:48 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

RyanShort1 wrote:
Good to see Greenwood there. Any Spitfire updates?

Ryan

Bill was pretty quiet about the Spit but was hoping to have it back here in a couple years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm 

Please oh please take the CAF logo off the Red Tail! Talk about ruining a paint scheme.

At least shrink it and put it somewhere less visible.

Really ruins that Hellcat paint scheme too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Connies' Albatross looks good in that night shot.

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 pm 
Co-MVP - 2006

Quote:

Is there one it doesn't :?: :?
BTW note that the P-40N still doesn't have one which maybe OK because the paint scheme is so horrifying it doesn't need any more help :shock: :idea: :hide: :pirate

Post subject: Re: ????
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:06 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Jack Cook wrote:
Quote:

BTW note that the P-40N still doesn't have one which maybe OK because the paint scheme is so horrifying it doesn't need any more help :shock: :idea: :hide: :pirate

Oh SNAP :!: :!: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

spookythecat wrote:
And now for the pics you've all been waiting for. The 2009 Gathering of WIXers. It was also a joint gathering with AirshowBuzz and I had a great time chatting with so many of you. I always feel bad because I can never remember who I had talked about what with on days prior but it's all good.

Sorry Henning and I couldn't stay for the pic, but we are certainly not the only people who find you need to be in four or more places at once at Osh. I am glad we managed to drop in, albeit as briefly as we did (Henning snagging food too, good man) and I was delighted to meet and talk with the WIX members I did manage to, and only sorry I didn't get to catch everyone else who was there.

The pic of Mustangdriver and I being living binary '01' did get taken...

And a general big thanks and shout to those WIX members I've managed to catch or who've caught the travelling JDK show ("I'm at Osh, and I'm here all week folks" - big, big thanks to T-33 driver, Henning and friends for facilitation and support). Keep it coming everyone, because I can't figure how anyone can find the energy to post pics after a day taking them here.

Cheers!

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Sorry I only have three shots to offer this time around. I took 1,440 pics on Friday and with my dad going up in the Mustang in the morning I need to get to bed before 4 a.m. for once. I'm happy i'm finally getting the hang of night shots with the DSLR. Here are a few from tonight/this morning.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:08 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Jack Cook wrote:

Jack, let it go. Just because you put smileys after every one of your posts, it doesn’t make them any less offensive to those who put their time, sweat, and money into these aircraft. For someone who acts as the cog that holds this community together, you sure are doing a good job of degrading the efforts of some of its most dedicated members. I'm sorry if this "call out" offends you, but there is a point at which I cannot let these jabs at this great, all volunteer, organization go unpunished.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:18 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

me109me109 wrote:
Jack Cook wrote:

Jack, let it go. Just because you put smileys after every one of your posts, it doesn’t make them any less offensive to those who put their time, sweat, and money into these aircraft. For someone who acts as the cog that holds this community together, you sure are doing a good job of degrading the efforts of some of its most dedicated members. I'm sorry if this "call out" offends you, but there is a point at which I cannot let these jabs at this great, all volunteer, organization go unpunished.

Second the motion: http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31234&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

RyanShort1 wrote:
Anyone not watching right now there's a MASSIVE lineup of T-28s taxiing out right now on EAA Blue Dot: http://streams.discoveryworld.org/EAABlueDot

Ryan

Ryan... Thank you for posting that link :D I'll be sitting here all weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:39 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

TAdan wrote:
RyanShort1 wrote:

Ryan

Ryan... Thank you for posting that link :D I'll be sitting here all weekend!

I have that on plus EAA Radio (for more commentary) while I clean my room.

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am 
FAC Pilot
FAC Pilot

Al, your shots are wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to post especially in your sleep deprived state :lol: Can't wait to hear about your Dad's flight...what a wonderful thing for you to do !!!! BTW y'all made the daily CAF news update...well you probably know that....LOL

To all others who have posted pictures, thanks to you too. Great for those of us who do not go to OSH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next