Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:55 pm

RMAllnutt wrote:I think that the reason that there are F-86's out there flying, as opposed to the F-84's is that they were operational much more recently as drones. Many of those flying now, I suppose, were once in the drone program, or chase planes.
I think a few were also most recently airworthy and in use in South America, and there were lots of spares available from the various US drone programs.
Last edited by bdk on Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:21 pm

RMAllnutt wrote:Bill, thanks very much for the shot!

Bill, I second Richard's comment. Thanks for the picture. I really like the looks of the ol' straight wing '-84.

Maybe someday we'll get to see one fly.

Steve :wink:

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:04 pm

A little known and rarely photgraphed straight wing F-84 is at the Springfield Ohio ANG base.
It's about 30 minutes northeast of the NMUSAF, so the next time you go to Dayton, take some time to see a nice plane outdoors.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:36 pm

There is a F-89J here in VT at the ANG. They have a bunch of A/C that sit outside in the elements. I would love to see more of these jets flying. But ask Collings how it is to operate their F-4??? Anyone heard how the guy is doing getting that F-106 back in the air?????? That I would love to see fly!! I remember being at Hamilton, Ontario during a airshow in the 80's and watching one of their RF-101's flying..........WOW!
Post a reply