Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Grumman Goose in Cradle of Aviation Museum

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Rajay wrote: P.S. JohnB - please tell Addison and Ryan to update their Goose restoration page on Facebook (or even on their own Web site) more often! It sure is slow going....

They didn't do anything on it this summer...time to fly the Boeing 40, and Ryan is finishing up another project. Their last Facebook entry mentioned the Goose heading back into the maintenance hangar following the departure of the Boeing to its winter home at the WAAAM. So work will resume shortly. The center section tank is finished and sealed. I think we'll see some real progress this year.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Just remember "When the airplane looks 90% done, there still 90% of the work to do".
That thing is a shell, they're going to spend a lot of time on systems - hydraulic lines, wiring bundles, cables etc..
B.T.D.T. on a Widgeon, but I'll be watching to see how it goes. ( pop1 ) :lol:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:40 am

Do you have a link to that fb page?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:48 am

Pemberton & Sons Aviation on Facebook.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:55 am

Mr Widgeon wrote:That thing is a shell

But a nice shell. It's fun to sit on a mike crate, grab the overhead throttles and make airplane noises.
I've always wanted to grab a fistful of throttles on the ceiling...just like Richard Widmark in Flight from Ashiya (yes, I know that was an Albatross). :)

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 am

Fouga23 wrote:Do you have a link to that fb page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pemberton-Sons-Aviation/187204493784

Also, their own personal Web site and page for the Goose project:

http://home.comcast.net/~biplane0/goose/

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 pm

I liked Tales of the Gold Monkey! From Universal in August of 1983 taken on my honeymoon.......

Post a reply