Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 pm

JohnB wrote:I saw a Grumman Goose fly on Saturday...from seat 2B!

Nice!

Sat May 12, 2018 6:13 am

The movie "Memphis Belle" at Grimes field in Urbana, OH

Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 am

I saw a white tailed P-40 fly into Gillespie Field on Saturday. I was on the road heading to a friends house, so I did not get a chance to go investigate the plane further.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Jesse C. wrote:I saw a white tailed P-40 fly into Gillespie Field on Saturday. I was on the road heading to a friends house, so I did not get a chance to go investigate the plane further.

That would be Hangar 180's P-40N "Suzy", which is now based out on the west coast as I recall. It was at the Planes of Fame airshow last weekend.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm

JohnTerrell wrote:
Jesse C. wrote:I saw a white tailed P-40 fly into Gillespie Field on Saturday. I was on the road heading to a friends house, so I did not get a chance to go investigate the plane further.

That would be Hangar 180's P-40N "Suzy", which is now based out on the west coast as I recall. It was at the Planes of Fame airshow last weekend.

Aw man. Sad to hear she's left the East. Saw her at Geneseo one year. Didn't fly due to maintenance issues if I recall. Plus it rained a lot that year. Very nice looking P-40.

Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Memphis Belle, the movie, in the skies over Urbana area while driving south on 235

Sat May 19, 2018 2:47 pm

The Collings tour is over at Moffett NASA/Ames for their annual ten day run. 8)
So far today I've seen the B-17 and B-25, but I've been hearing them rumbling around the west valley here all morning. :)
Will be hearing that all week. :P

Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Snowbirds flew over today.

They're over at Anderson Regional Airport for the airshow

I hadn't seen them in years so it was fun seeing them fly over the house at 1500AGL

Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Lon Moer wrote:The Collings tour is over at Moffett NASA/Ames for their annual ten day run. 8)
So far today I've seen the B-17 and B-25, but I've been hearing them rumbling around the west valley here all morning. :)
Will be hearing that all week. :P

" P-51! Cadillac of the sky!" - saw the Mustang today! And the -17 & -25 have been rumbling around all day. 8)

Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 am

Noorduyn AT-16ND Harvard IIB from the Royal Netherlands Air Force Historic Flight.
On it's way back to Gilze Rijen Air Force base after flying around the Dutch National Military Museum for a while.

Sun May 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Pulled up to the house after a trip to hear and see Marine Dream headed home from Breckenridge.

Mon May 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Saw a couple T-6s while camping in the Eagle, WI area over the weekend. Didn't get a good look at the markings. Also saw a couple high-wing radials, but they weren't close enough to get a good ID.

Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Saw an O-2 heading East and then North, I'm sure making its way to a parade.

Thu May 31, 2018 2:55 pm

On Monday 5/28, between 11 AM - 12 PM, 2 F-16s flew over Parma, Ohio (Cleveland suburb - 8 miles east of Cleveland Hopkins Airport). They were flying east to west.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 am

Avnut wrote:On Monday 5/28, between 11 AM - 12 PM, 2 F-16s flew over Parma, Ohio (Cleveland suburb - 8 miles east of Cleveland Hopkins Airport). They were flying east to west.

They flew back over late afternoon about 4:00 West to East
Post a reply