Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 pm

On Saturday, the haze and smoke from distance wildfires lifted a bit for the first time in a few weeks you could actually see aircraft.

I saw the locally-based Bucker Jungmann, ex-Ernest K. Gann (author) and Mira Slovak (well know aerobatics pilot in the 60s).

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Spent the weekend in Napa CA - there for the Indycar Finale at Sears Point Raceway - and there was a DC-3 flying over the valley both days.
I presume some operation is doing 'wine country air tours' in a DC-3. (?)

Was pretty cool having the rumbling radials as background noise when we were BBQing, ect.
8)

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 am

Not sure which C-47 this was but flew over Toledo heading south.
Attachments
IMG_20170905_104044895~3.jpg
IMG_20170905_104044895~3.jpg (10.66 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 am

Spotted an O-2 over the Dayton area yesterday evening.

Shay

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Just before 1:00 PM today, a dark-colored B-25 flew by headed northwest over Lake Lewisville. I couldn't make out the markings from that distance, but it appeared to be OD green. Sounded great!

About 2:30 PM today, a T-6 type flew by headed southeast. It was too far away to see any markings.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 am

On Saturday, a few friends were asked to do their frequent Stearman formation routine at the opening of a community festival.
While I didn't see all of it, there were at least two participants, a stock yellow N2S, and a 450 hp example with a raised turtleneck and wheel pants, 4 Ailerons, and painted in '30s USN fighter colors...it's the next best thing to a F3F (another friend is building a replica of it similarly painted which should be flying any time now).
There are about six local Stearman owners who make up the group and they do a lot of local events ranging from the annual Memorial Day parade to flying over the opening game if the minor league baseball team, to the occasional veteran's funeral. They also have won awards at the Stearman fly-in.

Another friend followed up in his great Cessna 195.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 am

Albatross and Beaver (among others) at the Lake James Seaplane Splash-In.

ImageIMG_0236 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0408 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0432 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0459 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0461 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0490 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Nice... :wink:

Did anybody go to the Greenville, Me. splash-in ?

I missed that too... :x

Phil

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:22 pm

At 16.45 Central European Standard Time I saw a nice formation of Beechcraft PH-PHV and Harvard PH-LSK flying side by side, both from the Royal Netherlands Air Force Historical Flight.
They were flying nice and slow at 1000 ft in a holding pattern before moving on to the National Army Museum, that is near our town.

A little later I saw them again but moving a bit faster with the Beechraft out in front, going back to their home at Gilze-Rijen Airbase.
The Historical flight seems to do flyby's at the Museum fairly regularly now and it is very nice they do their holding patterns right were I live.
I sure hope they will continue to do that!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:05 pm

FiFi is holding over my house, must be an airsho around ;-) Wished Red Nose was with her...

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:10 pm

the Blue Angels were boomin and zoomin around Alcatraz today practicing for the Fleet Week shows this weekend.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Lon Moer wrote:the Blue Angels were boomin and zoomin around Alcatraz today practicing for the Fleet Week shows this weekend.

Trade ya airplanes...

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Texas Raiders was doing touch n go's at the Lancaster Airport today as someone was getting current again. We also saw the Beech 18 Bucket of Bolts and later FiFi took off and flew around at lunch time. Cavanaugh's Corsair flew a wide pattern over us inbound to Redbird. Later at my house, Gunfighter was giving someone a great ride.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Lon Moer wrote:the Blue Angels were boomin and zoomin around Alcatraz today practicing for the Fleet Week shows this weekend.

Today was the first day of the real airshow, got to watch some of the action from a 34th floor rooftop with a view of Alcatraz.
8)

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Congrats to the driver of Gunfighter, the CAF P-51 as today he gave rides all day long, over my house. Thank you

Anybody at the show this weekend taking pictures? Is Rednose there as well?
Post a reply