Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am

At 8:40 AM, I saw a Broussard flying east, just south of I-70 in eastern Colorado.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Air Force 1 departing the Houston area. The ultimate warbird? 8)

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Pogo wrote:Air Force 1 departing the Houston area. The ultimate warbird? 8)

I saw it buzzing around Dayton in April. Was quite impressed!

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Saw an AH-1 Super Cobra heading North away from ToM around 4:30 this afternoon.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:56 am

Sitting at my desk in work in East Norwalk when suddenly I could hear the familiar sound of a Merlin. Next thing I know "Toulouse Nuts" flies right overhead. I guess the Collings Foundation is in town.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm

On Monday afternoon, I was at Cleveland Hopkins watching the T-Birds take-off for their act at Burke Lakefront for the Cleveland Air Show, when about 10 minutes after they took off, a Kuwaiti Air Force C-17 landed and parked near the tower. I almost thought it was a C-141 as it was landing because of the gray and white paint scheme which reminded me of the one the Air Force painted their transports in before going to camo.

Oops!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:37 am

Oops!
Last edited by bdk on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 am

Avnut wrote:On Monday afternoon, I was at Cleveland Hopkins watching the T-Birds take-off for their act at Burke Lakefront for the Cleveland Air Show, when about 10 minutes after they took off, a Kuwaiti Air Force C-17 landed and parked near the tower. I almost thought it was a C-141 as it was landing because of the gray and white paint scheme which reminded me of the one the Air Force painted their transports in before going to camo.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/sto ... aster-iii/

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:37 am

So whose B-25 just flew over Prescott Wi? Looked great!

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 pm

That was "Miss Mitchell" - it has been out and about today providing history flights/rides (the most authentically-restored B-25 you can pay to take a ride on) ahead of the hangar dance taking place this evening at the CAF MN Wing hangar at Fleming Field in South St. Paul.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks - saw her overhead at least 3 times. Also a T-6 and a BT-13 (I believe)

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Saw either an Cessna 337 or an O-2 fly over the Stratford train station. Probably coming from BDR.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Driving home from church last Sunday I looked at an shape I caught in the corner of my eye and saw, plain as day, a B-17. That's definitely a surprise. Must have been Collings at Lunken Field.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am

Sunday, Sep. 17:
- Greatest Generation Aircraft's CT-133 Silver Star "Dennie's Dream" returning to VFM from an air show in Midland.
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum's A-1E Skyraider doing touch-n-go's at Fort Worth Alliance Airport.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Aluminum Overcast flying over Hartford, Ct. and the Simsbury fly-in on Sunday... pop2

Thanks EAA,
Phil
Post a reply