Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

B-17 'Madras Maiden' (formerly Chuckie) is on display at the Dayton Airport for both viewing and selling rides.

She is here for all day today and tomorrow for a while.

Carries the colors and Triangle L of the 381st BG (H) of which I am a member of their Memorial Association.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 pm

K5DH wrote:June 3 -- I got to see a C-5 Galaxy taking off from Dover AFB, Delaware. As I watched the great ship climbing away from the base, it occurred to me that I've never before seen one take off! Cool! (no, I didn't get pics or video as I was in the car passing by the base on Highway 1)

Funny. I was standing at the end of the runway when the first one made its first flight. I was 4 at the time.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Collings Foundation B-25 "Tondelayo" and TF-51D "Toulouse Nuts" just flew over Westfield, IN. Were supposed to be in Dayton, OH 10 minutes ago.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Spotted a couple A-10s over Pleasant Lake this evening, presumably headed for Fort Wayne.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 pm

A Champ, but judging by its silver color, it could have been an L-16.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:07 am

At dusk on Tuesday 15 Aug 2017, while driving Westbound on Montana Avenue in El Paso, I saw -too far and too late to identify- a Douglas DC-3 / C-47 on short final for the El Paso Airport. Anyone can provide more information?

Saludos,

Tulio

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 am

The Breitling DC-3 was at Chicago Executive Airport from 8/14 until departing yesterday afternoon.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

On Sunday when getting to the band practice space in downtown Shelton, the B-25 "MisHap" flew over pretty high. She must have been coming back from the Westfield-Barnes Airshow.
Last edited by Warbird Kid on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm

To correct my posting from yesterday.

I heard a turboprop flying over the hotel. By the time I got to check it out, it was already over Ciudad Juarez, but it was certainly the same airplane I saw a couple of days ago.

It was NOT a C-47 / DC-3 but rather, a Convair...

Again, too far to see any markings.

Saludos,

Tulio

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm

A USN marked tri-color Grumman Goose.
Landed on Lake Coeur d'Alene Idaho and Newman Lake, Washington.

I was in the right seat. :) :)

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Saw a C-47 and I think a Navion yesterday on the Conn. / Mass. border, around 2:30 and heading South.

Phil

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 am

Speaking of Navions...

This weekend at Felts Field I saw a new resident, Focke Wulf P.149.
Haven't seen one in years. This one is labeled "experimental" with a 340:-P engine.

They really do look like an enlarged Navion, last time I
saw one (in Texas) I mistook it for a Navion because it was a small event and I wasn't expecting anything like that to be there.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am

JohnB wrote:This one is labeled "experimental" with a 340:-P engine.

^^^ Wonder if you could clarify a bit?

Cool A/C, glad to be re-introduced to it since I recently had to do a double- and triple-take to distinguish a Navion from a Meyers 200.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Make that h.p. engine..the spell check on my tablet has a mind of its own.
The owner said the engine was a more powerful upgrade from the stock 270 h.p. unit.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 am

At 17:00 Central European Time North American AT-6A Texan (1941) N13FY returning to it's home base at Hilversum airport (Loosdrecht).
Flying slow at 900 feet.

Eric
Post a reply