Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:28 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

mazdaP5 wrote:
Saw a C-17 banking over the NMUSAF yesterday morning.

They have a group of them based there. Also, the prototype C-17 (T-1, the test aircraft) is retired and sitting outside the museum.

The C-17 is a great plane!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:06 pm 

bdk wrote:
mazdaP5 wrote:
Saw a C-17 banking over the NMUSAF yesterday morning.

They have a group of them based there. Also, the prototype C-17 (T-1, the test aircraft) is retired and sitting outside the museum.

The C-17 is a great plane!

Last time I was down there I saw a VC-25 (Air Force One) flying about, and a Herc the time before then. It's nice to see the big iron out. C-17 really is a blast to watch, steep banks and climbs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:20 pm 

I'm not sure if this counts but it is an aircraft, is it not? My wife and made our first visit to Wingfoot Lake home of Goodyear Airship Operations.

I posted the picture but for some reason was way to large, working on reducing it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:00 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

At 1750 CST, a flight of six CH-47 Chinook helicopters passed by 1/4 mile south of my home in Lake Dallas, Texas, heading west. Talk about noise! The house literally shook. I'd estimate that they were maybe 1,500 ft AGL.

Three minutes later, someone passed by in a gorgeous yellow Stearman, turning from southbound to east bound right over the house, also at low altitude. Love that radial engine noise! Must be circling the lake. I can still hear the engine five minutes later.

Nice day here today. About 58 deg F and bright sunshine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:53 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Was driving by the La Porte patch today and noticed the tie downs were off the Storch. Stuck around awhile and was treated with watching her fly around the field. I didn't get to chat with anyone, but I presume they're still building time. The Argus was strong and sounds like an idling locomotive... :D

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Sunday 03/31/19, CT-133 Silver Star NX165KK Dennie's Dream had its check flight following winter maintenance and annual inspection. Gen. Tommy Williams did the flying, with crew chief Bill Gorin monitoring things from the back seat. We worked hard to "git 'er done" and ready for air show season, and it was great to see her take to the air for the first time since October, 2018. While they were airborne, Tommy and Bill joined up with Ross Perot Jr.'s T-38 Talon for some pre-arranged formation flying! Way cool!

Unrelated to the above coolness...

Wifey and I were on our way to a local restaurant Sunday evening for dinner, and heading southbound on IH-35E was one of those ridiculously fancy, polished stainless, pusher diesel motorhomes towing a flatbed trailer with a Bell JetRanger-type helicopter on it! This was no "fixer-upper" project. The helo was all black with silver paint accents and looked absolutely pristine. Some folks tow a car behind their motorhome. These folks really now how to travel. Dang. . .

Last edited by K5DH on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:33 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Saw a B-32 Dominator coming in for a landing at Dallas Executive this morning. Guess the CAF kept that one under the wraps pretty well.

April Fools.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

The Collings Tour is in town this week. Been raining most days until today and the B-24 has been over a couple times. 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

A four ship T-6 formation, closely followed by a BT-13 and two T-34s.

Elevenish today over the Fry Rd and I-10 area, Katy, TX

Very likely out of West Houston airport, CAF.

Saludos,

Tulio

CORRECTION:

Looking at the poor quality photo that I shot with my cell phone, there were 3 T-6s and one T-34 on the first group.

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 am 

Finally saw the bahf C-54 in flight. It flew over my house, on the way to Reading PA I assume. I've seen it dozens of times on static, but hearing those big engines was really awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Older than many aircraft in museums...
a RC-135 on final to Fairchild...it's been a long time since I've seen one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:33 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

About 6:30 this morning, while I was in Plano, TX, a Sikorsky S-58T helicopter flew directly overhead, westbound at low altitude. I couldn't get any ID on it because it was literally directly overhead. It may have been painted OD green, but hard to tell for sure from that angle in the early morning light. Cool to see, though!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 pm 

Not vintage but yesterday I saw an all black US Customs Blackhawk go right overhead. Very unusual as I live almost 950 miles from the Canadian border and over 600 miles from the Mexican. Raced right home within 5 minutes and found no US Customs helicopters showed up anywhere near me on either Flightaware or Flightradar24. Just a couple of Bell 407's and none in the direction the Blackhawk was going. Stealthy or was it running around without a transponder activated?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Texas Raiders has been at the local airport this week. Went over to check her out on my lunch break yesterday and I've seen her flying around a couple times. Always good to have a B-17 around!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:09 pm 

I was able to stop two nights after work this week, I saw her take off on Tuesday and land last night. I think they left for the next stop about 20 minutes ago, the kids and I watched from upstairs as they turned away from the airport.

I was a bit surprised at their pricing? $475 to fly in the waist, $875 to fly at the bombardier position and somewhere in the middle for navigator. Do they not let you move around in flight on TR? I've flown on two 17's, the B-24 and a 25, and on all my flights we started moving around as soon as the gear came up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 187  Next