Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:40 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Jerry purchased all of the remaining Rio Hondo 'rebuilds' a couple of years ago I was unaware he had any of those under resto to fly though- some major work needed to get any of those anywhere near take off.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:49 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

So we may see 3 flyers with BMW's

- FHC
- White One
- & Jerry Yagen

I remember a pic in a magazine approx 2006 of FHC example almost ready to go.

So wich one will be first ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm 
Michel Lemieux wrote:
So we may see 3 flyers with BMW's

- FHC
- White One
- & Jerry Yagen

I remember a pic in a magazine approx 2006 of FHC example almost ready to go.

So wich one will be first ?

Are these three original or Fluk Werk? .... I'm getting confused, and will the FHC 190 fly or will it be like the FHC Dora and too rare to fly? Or is it the FHC Dora you're talking about?

Mark the confused ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:56 pm 

I was told my museum staff yesterday that this was an original 190. Here's a photo of the photo on the corkboard:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What about the original short nose 190 in Kissimmee that was suppose to be restored to flying?

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

G'day,
The original Fw 190 'White 1' in Kissimmee, our man Chuck has posted on regularly. A quick search will throw up Chuck's last reports - maybe another, Mr G?

In theory, the Flug Werke a/c are supposed to be prefixed by 'FW' while original Focke Wulf aircraft are supposed to be prefixed by 'Fw' as allocated by the RLM. Of course such a subtle distinction gets missed at times.

The Flying Heritage Collection aircraft is an original Focke Wulf that had been under restoration in the UK for many years now. I've heard, but not seen, that the quality of work is remarkable and to the highest standard; the 'White 1' in Florida I have seen, and they are trying to maintain an authentic 'late war' German build quality.

Both of Tom Blair's Flug Werke FW 190s are getting sorted. The short-nose in the UK is going through a paperwork process in England to get it certified to fly there, last thing that I heard. IIRC, and I may be wrong, the issue is that it is technically a new type as a recreation, rather than a restoration of an original aircraft, and the CAA are providing a set of nice hoops.
Cheers,

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:36 pm 
I'm still here until the powers that be delete my membership ... And no crying, I'm just a hot headed ex-jock who has a hard time with smart-asses. I'll simply sit outside the box and just look at the photos.

Anyway, all that bullsh*t aside, JDK thanks for the info. I have an interest in these Fluk werk and original restored FW190's. I really want to see one up in the air. I've seen almost everything restored to flying condition except an FW190. Hope to see one up soon.

Bye folks ... be good to each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:37 pm 

If I may clarrify - the current Fighter Factory project (as illustrated in richkolasa's post above) is a Flug Werke replica project, not an original aircraft. The collection has several original airframes but to my knowledge have not yet been started in earnest (waiting for the replica to be finished first).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:45 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Ahhh...tks Mark. I would have been surprised at another original. But then with Mr Yagen, you never know :D

Hellcat both White One & the FHC are "originals". What ever that means :lol: But both started with an original airframe & will use a BMW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:03 am 

richkolasa wrote:
I was told my museum staff yesterday that this was an original 190. Here's a photo of the photo on the corkboard:

[img]http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll457/RichKolasa/FW-190.jpg[/img

In the photos, the engine doesn't look like a BMW 801, unless it has been replaced since the photos were made. Is it an Ash82 or a P&W?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DoraNineFan wrote:
richkolasa wrote:

In the photos, the engine doesn't look like a BMW 801, unless it has been replaced since the photos were made. Is it an Ash82 or a P&W?

See Mark V's post above. Presumably an ASh?

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:33 pm 

The pictures posted by “richkolasa” show an Flug Werk airframe which is currently assembled at Bremgarten, Germany. The following link show this airframe in 2007 at its former location Freiburg:
http://www.ig-corsair.de/FlugwerkFw190.html

Warbird Videos:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34289

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:54 pm 

Forget the fake 190, I can see a 109 in that photo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm 

Augsburgeagle wrote:
Forget the fake 190, I can see a 109 in that photo!

If this was taken at the FlugWerke shops, could it be the EADS/Messerschmitt foundation "G-10" D-FMBB?

Or, I also see on Preserved Axis Aircraft that the Fighter Factory also has a Buchon: "Acquired by the Fighter Factory, Suffolk, VA. Ex USAFM. Under restoration in Freiburg with DB 605 to G-6 configuration. Planned completion is 2007/2008. Will fly." Sounds more likely, then. I wonder what kind of paint scheme they have in mind? One of those overall RLM 76 high-altitude jobs with the Erla haube canopy & tall tail would be great.....in formation with a Tony....

Interesting!

greg v.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:47 am 

gregv wrote:

If this was taken at the FlugWerke shops, could it be the EADS/Messerschmitt foundation "G-10" D-FMBB?
No it was taken at the Meier Motors shop in Freiburg before the move to Bremgarten earlier this year.

gregv wrote:
Or, I also see on Preserved Axis Aircraft that the Fighter Factory also has a Buchon: "Acquired by the Fighter Factory, Suffolk, VA. Ex USAFM. Under restoration in Freiburg with DB 605 to G-6 configuration. Planned completion is 2007/2008. Will fly." Sounds more likely, then. I wonder what kind of paint scheme they have in mind? One of those overall RLM 76 high-altitude jobs with the Erla haube canopy & tall tail would be great
No planned scheme for the 109 yet - we are still figuring out the scheme for the 190!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next