Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

The San Diego Air & Space Museum's Back Yard

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Took a few pics while standing around at the local IMPS Model Contest held a the SDASM Annex

Hope you enjoy!

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:16 pm

I know some guys that would kill for those bent wing bird parts.
Scott......

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:47 pm

What's up with the A-26?

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Nice bent-wing starter kit. How much? :D
Patrick

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks, Jesse!

That's the best photo I've seen of the Privateer segments recently. I'd love to get my hands on that forward fuselage!

Scott

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying the pics!

Hey Scott, I might be out that way this week and drop in to take a better shot of that nose section. A few visits ago they had a few more parts and a whole bunch of part to a wrecked Liberator they got from Ed Kallata(sp)
The majority of those parts are gone from the area and I did not ask where they went.

Here is a few more, enjoy!

[IMG]
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/ ... 008071.jpg[/IMG]

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm glad to see anything Liberator/Privateer related that still exists. Gary had wanted to acquire some of the Kaletta parts for Ol' 927 a while back.

Scott

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:40 pm

It still amazes me how drastically the percieved value of an airframe varies, depending on whether it's subject to the free market or not.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:49 pm

The Museum ran an ad in Trade a Plane some time ago trying to sell major Privateer components. It showed up in a few consecutive issues but I haven't seen it lately. The contact was Tony Beres the museum curator.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:59 pm

That Corsair is the Dash 7 from the USS Alabama Museum.
Jerry

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Cool shots. That A-26, if the serial applied to the fin is correct, is the former Dennis Bradley airplane that used to be based at CWH in GB 1/19 French AF Indochina markings (there was a French-Canadian volunteer on that unit at that period). When Dennis first acquired 44-34313 (C-GHLK), it was in blue-tailed 319BG USAAF markings...interesting to see it has returned to that livery all these years later. It had gone, I think, to an airline pilot in California named David Lane. That would have been circa 1997. I vaguely recall the reg'n being N319BG (which would make sense given the livery applied), but could be wrong about that. Anyone have more recent info on 44-34313? Even with the dramatic renaissance round here recently, we miss the Invader, one cool ship...

S.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:58 am

Is that an H&P Privateer?

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 pm

I think some of those 4Y parts are from tanker#122 that was cut up out at Ramona, CA after it blew a tire on take off and went off the runway. I could be wrong though.
Scott......

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Django wrote:Is that an H&P Privateer?

From my understanding, yes, it used to be an H&P bird.

Did you notice the seats are still in it? :wink:
I am going to talk to Tony Beres about maybe getting them for a Hot Rod project.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Jerry O'Neill wrote:That Corsair is the Dash 7 from the USS Alabama Museum.

Sad to see it that way. I had thought that it might be intact enough to repair.

August
Post a reply