Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bald Eagle Aviation
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 pm 

Very, very cool that Andrew not only found his new ship, but that it is certainly a unique "history ship".........especially coming from Jack Croul...........I know Andrew is scheduled for New Garden with Pamela Sue,,,,,,,would be great to see he and Jim "shuttle" between the T-6, SNJ, Spit, and Ole' "722" ........Thanks for the news Rich, and will look for you next weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:20 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Operation Chaperone is on its last leg of the round trip from PA to AZ and back in 2 days. The flight of 2 has left INDY for MQS.

Remember an Injured Youth
benstear.org
#64- Stay Strong and Keep the Faith

BOOM BOOM, ROUND ROUND, PROPELLER GO

Don't Be A Dilbert!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:39 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

51fixer wrote:
Operation Chaperone is on its last leg of the round trip from PA to AZ and back in 2 days. The flight of 2 has left INDY for MQS.

Chaperone has concluded and all craft are in the hangar.
Bald Eagle flew about 15 hrs and used a little over 1 gal of oil.

Remember an Injured Youth
benstear.org
#64- Stay Strong and Keep the Faith

BOOM BOOM, ROUND ROUND, PROPELLER GO

Don't Be A Dilbert!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:59 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Thanks Rich for the intel...

Congrats Andrew...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Congrats to Andrew on finding his chariot!

Now Rich, we hope to see pictures of you tearing it down, tearing it apart, and then showing us whatever scheme that Andrew decides to put on it. (Please!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm 

CAPFlyer wrote:

Now Rich, we hope to see pictures of you tearing it down, tearing it apart, and then showing us whatever scheme that Andrew decides to put on it. (Please!)

I"m hoping the a/c stays just like she is. The as-delievered factory scheme look gorgeous.

Chappie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:46 pm 

will keep it bone stock "out of the factory" look for quite a while. jeff harris put his heart and soul into making this airplane very special and i can think of no better honor than to carry out his hard work and dedication to the war bird community by leaving N7722C as is. i also hope rich is only taking this one apart in his dreams. we of course will have issues, but the reason we waited so long was for one that could operate at a high level for quite some time without major repair or overhaul. i am excited about sharing this aircraft on display both in the air and on the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Congratulations Andrew, that is one gorgeous Mustang. I really like that factory fresh scheme. Have fun, I hope to catch your performance at a show or two.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:24 pm 

amckenna03 wrote:
will keep it bone stock "out of the factory" look for quite a while. jeff harris put his heart and soul into making this airplane very special and i can think of no better honor than to carry out his hard work and dedication to the war bird community by leaving N7722C as is. i also hope rich is only taking this one apart in his dreams. we of course will have issues, but the reason we waited so long was for one that could operate at a high level for quite some time without major repair or overhaul. i am excited about sharing this aircraft on display both in the air and on the ground.

Congratulations, Andrew!! I am guessing that was you heading out around 15:53 this afternoon. 722 looked good and sounded great!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 pm 

Pics?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:14 pm 

airgord wrote:
Pics?

Sorry no. Only two cell phone videos which are not all that good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

amckenna03 wrote:

Totally respect that decision Andrew. I hope you are at least tempted to put your name on the canopy rail and maybe a nicely placed piece of nose art as time goes on to honor how these planes became what they are. Many P-51s looked much like yours out of the factories that built them. It was after they were assigned to their squadron that they became the mounts of legends and gained their names and distinctive colors. I think a great to that history is to follow the same in time with yours.

I don't have nearly as much time flying airplanes as I'd like, but I've been around them a long time and firmly believe the adage that there are no two airplanes exactly alike. I hope one day your P-51 speaks to you and give you her name (yeah, I know, all mystical and crap, but hey, some things I don't buck).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm 
Jump Street

Andrew, congrats and are you planning on bringing her to New Garden this weekend?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Bone stock.
I love it.
Congratulations! :supz:

Clearly Andrew, your bird is in the best possible hands. For B.E. to fly 15 hours and need only 1 gallon of oil is a sign of top notch maintenance with no corners cut!
Definitely worth bragging guys!

Looking forward to everything you care to share (Pics, vids etc....)

Andy Scott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:00 pm 

Hey Rich - I realize you don't look over her anymore, but is anything going on with "Frenesi" ? The mustangsmustangs website has shown it as being under restoration for quite a while, but nothing has popped up anywhere showing progress... Just curious, Thanks in advance, Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next