Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

KC-97 at Moses Lake

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 am

Does anyone know if KC-97L 52-2694/N31338 survives at Moses Lake? The last sighting report I have is for April 2006.
It was going to be turned into a restaurant at some point I believe.
Regards,
Andy

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:38 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe it was broken up a few years ago. I was inside of it in July of 1997 and it was home to many pigeons. I believe the corrosion was pretty severe. It had been for sale a number of times since.

I think the airport sold it and it was subsequently broken up. I thought I heard that POF got the wings for its B-50, but that may be have been mere speculation .

KC-97 at Moses Lake

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 am

That airplane was partially disassembled and moved by road on it's landing gear to a location off of airport property,but not too far away,if I remember correctly.I had to wait for it to pass by on the entrance road to the Moses Lake Tanker Base on my way to work one morning because the KC-97 was taking up the entire road and then some.I think that this was during the last season that I was based in Moses Lake,which was 2003.I'll e-mail my friend Jeff Akridge from Columbia Aviation.He was in charge of the move and flew as co-pilot on that airplane's last revenue flying on the Alaska Fish Haul.

KC-97 at Moses Lake

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm

I finally got in touch with Jeff Akridge at Columbia Pacific.He sent me the coordinates for the KC-97.It isn't far from MWH Airport and is still disassembled and stored behind the owner's home.Here's what I found using Google Earth.

Jeff has no idea when or if the move to set up the airplane near the highway will take place.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm

A couple shots of the ol' girl for posterity sake:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:13 am

So whats the new owners name?

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:24 am

[quote]So whats the new owners name?

I'm guessing by looking at the pics ,the new owners name is Walter Pidgeon.
uh,sorry!

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Thanks to Larry I have updated the Locator...
http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Locator.php ... TheResults

Mike

Re: KC-97 at Moses Lake

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:17 pm

This plane was sold for one dollar to a local idiot named Tom Thorn that wound up scrapping the plane to pay for his time in and out of jail in Grant County. Jeff Ackeridge has always been fully aware of where the plane has been and how it was always the buyers plan to scrap the plane so mystery solved..sorry guys such a shame..

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:53 pm

rickybobby wrote:This plane was sold for one dollar to a local idiot named Tom Thorn that wound up scrapping the plane to pay for his time in and out of jail in Grant County. Jeff Ackeridge has always been fully aware of where the plane has been and how it was always the buyers plan to scrap the plane so mystery solved..sorry guys such a shame..

1$?

Um, only the government does that. I highly doubt that actually happened....

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 am

Wildchild wrote:
rickybobby wrote:This plane was sold for one dollar to a local idiot named Tom Thorn that wound up scrapping the plane to pay for his time in and out of jail in Grant County. Jeff Ackeridge has always been fully aware of where the plane has been and how it was always the buyers plan to scrap the plane so mystery solved..sorry guys such a shame..

1$?

Um, only the government does that. I highly doubt that actually happened....

If you have a clear title, you can ask any price you want for whatever. You shut people out of your Will by granting them a Dollar if they claim against the Will.
If Grant County and/or the airport wants a bucketload of bucks as space or tie down fees and you really have no desire to continue to possess the cash eater-sell it for whatever you want.
Post a reply