Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Collings 2008 Tour

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Hard to believe I am going into my 6th season, time flies. We just completed ground school over Wednesday and Thursday and departed today IFR for Ft. Lauderdale. This is the first stop on a very hectic schedule. Please come out and say hi!

Jim Harley

Image Ground School

Image Pilots

Image D Mustang progress at American Aero

More to Come!!!

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:12 pm

HEY ! Did you know that an F-4 driver snuck in there with you guys ? :D
Last edited by RickH on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:59 pm

If the schedule is how it was last year, I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys up in my neck of the woods in August. ;)

The Mustang looks great!

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 am

Cant wait for the tour to start!

And this to fly!

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 am

No,No, can't wait for THIS to fly !!

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 am

Image departure

Image B-24 Progress...new fuel cells going in

Image IFR to Ft Lauderdale

on the road again....

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Jeez, that lad in the middle of the front row with tan shirt on has the looks of a young Jimmy Leeward...

Cool to see ya'll upgraded to the Lion's Hall... still lodging at the Nocturne?

So when is the '24 slated to be back on deck?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for the great pix Jim! See you on the road ;)

Re: Collings 2008 Tour

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:37 pm

JimH wrote:Image D Mustang progress at American Aero!
How's that Mustang going to fly with a toolbox and a sheet metal brake embedded in the side of it? :lol: Nice shine!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 am

Wow! :shock:

Can I borrow the Mustang so I can shave?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 am

Hey Rick, do you know if you guys are going to stop by KAGC again. It never shows up on the tour dates, but you guys always pop in for a few days in like Aug or Sept?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Just curious as i'm trying to get my 2008 schedule together, do you know when you may be in Washington (Oly, Seattle)? Thanks and look forward to seeing those gals again. Hope I can save enough to do the 25 this year!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Mustangdriver, I really don't keep up with where the bombers are going after Texas. I'm down here in Houston and really focus on the aircraft that are here. The best way to find out the schedule is to keep checking at http://www.collingsfoundation.org. As it develops they'll post it on the site.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Sunny Florida...yeah right ;P We are down to one aircraft as the B-25 toasted its left engine departing New Smyrna. It should join us in Naples. The "san jose" Mustang is coming right along as is the A-36. The Corsair is also in annual and will soon be ready for the 08 season.

Image[IMG]

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Jim, We look forward to having you guys back up to "Thunder" this year.
Post a reply