Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

photos

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:43 pm

Is there any difference between a Dell and Apple when you are posting photos? My inexpensive Dell broke and a friend is trying to do it on an Apple. We got the photos from the camera into the computer, but can't get them onto Photobucket. Both are laptops.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:45 pm

Apart from Apples being better? :D

Once you are on the web it should make no difference Bill.

You will need some photo manipulation software to find, review and resize the photo (I use 'Graphic Converter' - shareware, can be downloaded for free trial off the web) and then when the picture is ready to post, you just use your preferred web browser (Safari comes with the mac, Firefox is a popular alternative, a free download too. Internet Explorer for Mac is now very out of date and doesn't work properly.) Most of us use Photobucket or equivalent.

Step one - use the photo manipulation software to resize and correct the photo.

Step two - Sign up to Photobucket or similar

Step three - Upload the pictures using P'bucket

Step four - copy the URL into the post you make on WIX.

HTH.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Bill, I wrote a tutorial for this a while back: http://forum.planetalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=433 Some of the screen layouts have been updated since then but it's reasonably straightforward.

You'll need to resize your photos to approximately 800 pixels wide before uploading them so that they fit on the screen.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:03 pm

I created an account but from that point on I got so confused I had to forget it!

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:40 pm

For all who are behind the power curve doing more than email and "chat groups" with these infernal machines (PC's) there is a simple way to link to almost any photograph on the internet:

1) Simply right-click on the photo you want to create the link to.
2) A pop-up box should appear. Select "copy shortcut".
3) Click the Img button when you are posting a message in this forum
4) Right-click again where you want to insert the picture in your message. 5) Select "paste" and voila, the link to the image is created.

Unfortunately you can only do one pic at a time, but it is easy and doesn't require a lot of brain power to accomplish. Of course the image has to be posted on the internet in the first place, and Photobucket is a good service, but almost everyone should get a free webpage with their email account where they can post photos. If you don't, you can get free webpages at Yahoo and other places.

Have fun. I hope I haven't muddied the issue.[/img]

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:00 pm

Tom Friedman,
I don't like electons either. Gimmer a good wrench and an R-2800 any day!

Canso42

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:45 am

One handy little thing I found while setting up my first post with pictures, was the preview option on the post page. A quick preview showed me that about half of my pictures didn't show up. But I was also able to see which ones they were and the fact that I had missed a [ on one end. I fixed it right then and another preview confirmed everything was good to go.
Curt Block

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:33 am

And if you do make a post with a mistake in it you can go back and edit it with the button on the upper right of your post. You can also delete the last entry of a doubel post (or a post you decided you otherwise don't want) by clicking on the "X" next to the edit button.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 am

JDK ,I dont think you have to resize the photo before uploading to photobucket my account will only let me put a 15" screen size photo on a forum. so i have uploaded a big file and not so big and they posted the same size when posted.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Deleted see new post at end of thread
Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 pm

one thing that caused no a good deal of trouble, i didn't have the BBC enabled

testing, testing, 1,2,3

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Image[/img] Hey, it worked!

Re: How do you post Pictures Again?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:30 pm

[imgImage
DSC_0028 by dwhart24, on Flickr]Image
DSC_0014 by dwhart24, on Flickr[/img]

Test

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Deleted see later updated post
Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I updated the above post, Photobucket changed the way they do things
Post a reply