Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:42 am

What a beautiful airplane. I sure hope to see it flying sometime next year.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 am

I hope they never put a 65 year old Jumo on that FW-190! Jumo's should be in museums on original FW's and the Flug Werk FW-190's should be equipped with RELIABLE , maintainable, powerplants and put on the airshow circuit and flown vigorously! I love new airplanesl!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:42 am

Chuck Gardner wrote:The two 213s at White 1 are available for sponsorship for rebuild. The valve covers were magnesieum and are white powder now but the rest of the engine(s) seem to be in good shape. There is clean, clear oil in one of the engines and they hope that it can be restored. If anyone is interested and rebuilding the engine to airworthy standards, let me know. They can be used on a D-9 to fly in the future.

It looks like one from the batch dug up at an airport a few years ago by construction crews. It makes you wonder what else could be buried out there if the soil conditions are right.

I'm excited about White 1 starting a D9 project. I suspect that it will take a long time to complete, though.

Just curious.....

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:06 am

Just curious.....

Was it flight tested in Germany before landing in NA ?

Seems to me they did a pretty good job on the custom exhaust stacks. Looks pretty convincing in terms of location considering the engine they are using.

Chuck....if not to much too ask ? Mind getting of few picks of how they did that trick under the cowlings ?

Tks

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:49 am

Simply gorgeous. I can't wait to see it fly and in person.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:57 am

Very nice! Thanks for the update and video!

Also, this reminds me I need to go get some lottery tickets!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:05 am

What is a D-9 D-9 waffenhaube?

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Django wrote:What is a D-9 D-9 waffenhaube?

That looks like the hinged cover over guns in the cowling.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:02 pm

On the second half of the following page you will find some pictures of that plane back in January 2007 when still in Germany at Flug Werk:
http://www.pozefilm.de/fw190.html

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:05 pm

WOW - what a beautiful bird! I am in Love! :heart:

Mike

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:52 pm

What a fantastic looking aircraft, I agree it's a shame it won't be Jumo powewered, but this is obviously the nest best thing.
I look fwd to the thing getting airborne

Re: Just curious.....

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Michel Lemieux wrote:Just curious.....

Was it flight tested in Germany before landing in NA ?

Seems to me they did a pretty good job on the custom exhaust stacks. Looks pretty convincing in terms of location considering the engine they are using.

Chuck....if not to much too ask ? Mind getting of few picks of how they did that trick under the cowlings ?

Tks

No it wasn't flight tested in Germany, engine runs were undertaken only.

Dave

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:09 pm

Does anyone know the status, disposition and owners of the other Flug Werks long nose 190's? Are any of those going to be powered by Jumo's?

What a beautiful airplane, btw! :D

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Wasn't there some sort of FAA issue with the shop that rebuilt and reconfigured the engines for these D-9 lookalikes? Was that ever resolved to allow them to fly?

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:57 am

Mike wrote:Wasn't there some sort of FAA issue with the shop that rebuilt and reconfigured the engines for these D-9 lookalikes? Was that ever resolved to allow them to fly?
FAA issue would not apply to an experimental aircraft and engine installation. I think that the ACE issue with the FAA was one of documentation of some STC/PMA type stuff they make and has since been resolved.
Post a reply