Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Capt Kolb & The Baby Duck

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:46 am

Capt Herb Kolb 353rd FS 1944

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 am

Jack you always have the best photos! I see several of them are from the 353rd FS. A gentelman that flew in that squaderan married my mothers oldest sister when the two of them retired from the Air Force together cira 1971. Together they had over 50 yrs. of service, she a Lt. Colonel and he a full Colonel. (Therefore he became my uncle about the time I married). His name was Woodfin Sullivan AKA "Sully". The P 51D he flew was FT R. He said the nose art/nickname was "Brazzer de mort" (spelling?), "Kiss of Death" in French. I have looked at many web sites and have not found any pics of this plane. Do you know if the pilots had the same codes when they flew P 47s on the continent? Sully passed away several years ago (late 90s?). If you find a picture of him or that plane would you please post it or PM me for a purchase? Thank you, Hugh

???

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 am

This one is actually 353rd FG but I do have quite a few of the 353rd FS.
Will look for Sullivan.

Re: Capt Kolb & The Baby Duck

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 am

Does anyone have wartime images of the wartime Baby Duck to share? I would like to celebrate this beautiful scheme.

Ken

Re: Capt Kolb & The Baby Duck

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

Here's one. Serial number is 44-15137 if you want to do some more internet mining.

http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/gallery. ... rchString=
Post a reply