Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: The Tallichet Fleet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm 

Just curious what other aircraft he owned at the time of his pssing other than Memphis Belle
Also wondring and hoping if he had it set up so they will continue to fly or are they going to become tied up in the courts as his estate is settled. Worse yet are his airs going continue his legacy and keep his memory alive are will it all get sold off.

Steve S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 pm 

I was wondering how long it would take. Totally tasteless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm 

I don't think it is tastless to hope that hte legacy that the man created will be carried on. The reality is that when something like this happens the lawyers are likely to to get involved and with taxes and other legal issues the unfortunate end result is that it what the man worked so hard to create could all end up in the courts or sold off to pay the taxes.

That would be tastless

Steve S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:57 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

V1VRV2 wrote:

:? :?:

I was wondering and going to ask the same question.

I think D.T. knew his end was near. Or else why has he been moving a lot of his aircraft around for the last two years? He was just getting ready thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 pm 

Touche'.
I am fearful that we'll see endless speculation as to a who owns what, what's available, type sceanario develop. Lets' not. Not now.

Post subject: Dave Tallichet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:23 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

All in due time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:08 pm 
V1VRV2 wrote:
Touche'.
I am fearful that we'll see endless speculation as to a who owns what, what's available, type sceanario develop. Lets' not. Not now.

I agree

There is a time and a place for such discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm 

V1VRV2 wrote:
Touche'.

Sorry, but that started long ago. There was supposedly an offer on Memphis Belle a couple weeks back, and I've heard several aircraft in his collection have either been offered up to specific buyers or inquired about by other people/organizations. And this was before he passed away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 am 
Potato

Tasteless............Yeah...maybe...., Who knows,....

He did, and had everything.

A little early, but a legit question.

I know bumpkus, but it's gotta be a lot, and it's gotta be good.

The speculation happenend a long time ago.

P39's, P40's, and an SBD in the california desert, That's my personal wanna hear story....

It is going to be big, no matter what it is. A big story, for a giant. He's got it coming, and we do to.

A great man, and a great legacy.

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

It was sad to see the condition of all the restaurants we stopped by in January. I really liked going to the many different airport locations that Dave had. We have been to St. Louis, Dover, Nashville, Palwaukee, Orlando, Palm Beach, Peachtree, and at GML we did the Gathering of ASBers at CMH.
The 94th aero rest. at CMH has been sold and is going real well.
BNA, PBI, Dekalb, ORL, are all gone, as is the ST. L. and Palwaukee spots too I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:25 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I wonder how this will affect "Doc"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:38 am 

I think it is a legit question and a genuine concern of many. Will what Dave had contributed and shared with us be continued in perpetuity? We lost Cole Palen but happily ORA continues to bring enjoyment to many. We lost Ray Hanna, and utimely also Mark but OFMC continues to thrive and be a major force at Duxford.

I remember Bob Richardson was a big supporter of Geneseo. It was great to see his B-17F model there for many years. With his utimely passing the plane went to Seattle to be forever entombed. The rumor was that he had second thoughts about that decision but passed on before anything could be done about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:54 am 

I also believe it's a genuine concern, if not by all by at least a few. The A-26 that HAS has been restoring belonged to Mr Tallichet, as do several of the other articles we currently display. Hard telling what will become of it all now. But it's by no means a new concern. We have been concerned for quite some time now about the entire situation, as it became evident a few years back that his family has not shown much interest in maintaining the collection. At least as far as the loaned-out items are concerned.
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. I am not--by any means---trying to say that Mr Tallichet's passing only concerns me for such a material reason. But I have to wonder what might happen to us in the long run. MAPS was a much larger orginazation than we are, and if they can run into problems, we certainly can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:36 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I watched this happen with a friends collection of airplanes. He was killed in one of them, an unfortunate incident in itself, but the wife didnt want anything to do with them and let the rest go for the storage fees at their locations.

Be thankful that he was able to keep this many around for us.
The Belle, Doris (Joe), The Maurader, Ruff Stuff, the list is really long....
K.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 pm 

V1VRV2 wrote:

I'm in disagreement!

The man obviously did a lot for the warbird movement and now that he has passed on, I fail to see how asking the question is tasteless!

I actually feel that had his passing been made without any questions being asked, would have been an act of not appreciating what Mr Tallichat achieved!

I never met the man but can appreciate what he did and therefore think that the question asked, is an appreciation of what Mr Tallichat did for the warbird movement!