Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine Luftwaffe Resource Center WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific
Final Cut-The Post War B-17 Flying Fortress and Survivors - 5th Edition

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:33 pm 
Former Lurker

I just knew I would be happy here! These are the best photos of the interior of an Avenger I have seen! (protected childhood)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 pm 
Former Lurker

Great pix & thanx for posting them!

I'd hoped for more shots of the Grumman employees who made it all happen. My father worked at Grumman prior to Pearl Harbor installing radio equipment in fighters.

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 am 
Squadron Leader

Fantastic photos, it certainly gives a taste of the history involved in producing the aircraft. I visit the site often.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:01 am 
Former Lurker

I am new to WIX. Thank you for posting these photographs. Three generations of my family worked at Grumman. My Great Grandfather Rufus Pursel (employee #25), my Grandfather Amos Purcell (1940-1974) Bethpage and Calverton Flight Test, and my father Dick Purcell (for short time then U.S. Air Force) Also had Uncle and Aunt who worked at Bethpage (Bobby and Gloria Geist). I really appreciate the photograph collection. Hope to see more in the future. Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:29 pm 
Group Captain

Half a million hits, Great!

Thanks Scott for letting me post here...............

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:54 pm 
Site Founder
Site Founder

Hello all,

We all are aware of the Photobucket disaster. Not much to be done about that. However, I am in the process of restoring this amazing thread, but it will take time. I have restored page 53 (300 images) as the first stage of this restoration. The image will be hosted on the Warbirds Resource Group servers so they will be there for the lifetime of the site an will not disappear again.

Please have patience as this is horribly time consuming and will take awhile to complete.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.
And if your doing your holiday shopping on Amazon, consider using the Amazon links on the site to start your shopping, it doesn't cost you anything and helps the site out.
Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.
SUPPORT WIX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:50 pm 
Squadron Leader

BRAVO Scott !
I know I appreciate your efforts, Thanks.
I have a similar problem, I had 24 pages worth of images (over 800) wiped out on the SEAWINGS Flying Boat forum and have to redo all of those after I find a new hosting site.
Keep fighting the good fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:56 pm 
Group Captain

Scott, Is there anything I can do to help? I have all of these photographs backed up here. "Anything" I can do let me know. AJ2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 pm 
Site Founder
Site Founder

Whew, that was a learning experience. Photobucket can #@$%#$ all the way off. I have gone thru 57 pages of posts and restored around 80% of the images. Those that are not replace will show up with the word "image". AJ is sending me the original files and I will plug the missing images in when that happens.

With that said... OMG this is an amazing and important thread. I had forgotten how wonderful this thread was and the process of checking every single picture has left me in awe. First off I want to thank Leo Polaski, without his efforts this would not have been a possibility. Second, I want to thank ArmyJunk for spending and immense amount of time and resources to bring these images to us.

This thread is an amazing resource and now that the images are on the WIX servers, it will forever have a home here.

Thank you to everyone who commented and appreciated this thread.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.
And if your doing your holiday shopping on Amazon, consider using the Amazon links on the site to start your shopping, it doesn't cost you anything and helps the site out.
Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.
SUPPORT WIX

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57