Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:43 pm

good

Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Boring ?????????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one ! You've seen my web site ? Tell me if I get bored by museum pics. And gorgious ones at that !!!!

Keep them coming ! 8)

Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Michel, do you want to add these? or do you have to visit the museum yourself?? I know we are have are "rules" on how we do these things...anyway you are welcome to them....

????

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Cool to see a T-28B my step-dad flew at Whiting Field on display 8) 8)

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:31 am

armyjunk2 wrote:I have a question? do we want these museum pics? are they boring?

Are you "effing" joking? : )

Keep them coming! Aviation site = aviation images! Great shots BTW.

And I DO appreciate your effort in uploading them, as well as the gentleman who scanned all the other great pix.

Saludos,

Tulio

Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 am

Just catching up... Armyjunk, these are great. I can't get to P-cola for the forseeable future, but photos like this help make up for it.
BTW, the museum must really be running short on space if they have to mount the D558 on a wall. Or is that a previously unknown experimental landing system? :twisted:

Richard

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:49 am

Modern Era Aircraft This is all most all of the planes I saw at Pensacola, I could have missed a couple..... I have to say for the large number of planes they have it almost seems like someone thought of the photographer when placing them, only the indoor Catalina was hard to get a photo of....and they didn't even paint the ceiling black....nice well done museum in my opinion. They have a nice book showing color photos and a description of how most planes where acquired at the online bookstore I would recommend, its well worth the money and up to date........
http://www.navalaviation.com/theair.html

141a

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 am

Awesome pics man. I worked on that PBJ. When were these taken? I was there in April. Great museum and great people. There is a new building being built starting this fall I hear.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:26 am

Mustang, I was there last week....between hurricanes

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 am

Awesome stuff man. Did you eat at Mollie's

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:00 am

No Mollie's but we did eat here

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah we had lunch there. We spent 4 days there total. Went to Eglin AFB, Hurlbert Field, NMNA, and Battleship Alabama. How did you enjoy everything. Looks like they moved the Boyington Corsair over a little bit. It was sitting right next to the carrier island.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 am

I'm leaving this afternoon for a week in Pensacola, I'll be in the Blue Angels hangar on business all week long.
We usually eat lunch at the Museum at least once a week, and my favorite is the Aviator Choice sandwich.

I also enjoy flying the F-14 simulator. I always love blowing up the Coronado Bay Bridge too.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:49 am

Now that is a great business trip.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Mustang, we went to the same places and I will be posting the aircraft pics here. We also went to Forts Morgan and Gaines and a nice Military Museum in Huntsville...we stayed on Base 40 bucks a night..
Post a reply