Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:21 pm 
I would like to know from any Wixers out there what is taking place with the P-82 that the CAF owned or claims to own was bought or traded to Jim Frye. Also the A-20 Havoc that belongs to Dave Tallichet that supposedly is being rebuilt in Beavertown PA. Also the B-17 that is in Illinois the guy who owns it first name is Mike. Lastly the P-51A that belongs to Kermit Weeks and is being restored I believe in Salinas CA. If any one wishes to contact me off line I can be reached at bell@powersupply.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:28 pm 

I can't speak for the other aircraft, but the P-82 that was sold to the Gentleman from Minnesota is still tied up in legal wrangling over weather it was donated outright to the CAF, or as a "conditional donation".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:29 pm 

Hi

Well as far as I know the P82 and the P38 swap is stalled by legal action and nothing much is happening till that is resolved

I thought I read somewhere that the A20 was being worked on and that some of the material that came out of PNG was sent to the states from Australia to assist in it's resconstruction. This was just something I read so don't count on it . Most of the A20/Havoc stuff from PNG has now gone to Wangarrata here in Australia and is being turned into 2 or 3 airworthy aircraft for Australian and overseas interests.

Complete and utter washout on the P51 A - I know nothing !!!

Regards
John Parker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:04 am 

The B-17 in Illinois you speak of is B-17E #41-2595, owned by Mike Kellner. Haven't spoke to Mike in many months, but last I heard they're still plucking away at it. Still looking for a ton of parts though!

Image[/img]

Speaking of the P-82, the WIX's own Steven Dennis is looking for parts for one. Anyone out there have anything? (still not selling my P-82 chunk Steve! :wink: ) On a related note, I need B-29 parts!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:47 am 
Gentlemen,

The A-20 at the Beavery County Airport Museum is still standing on its landing gear with no restoration work performed the past two years. Main problem is lack of funds to continue the restoration. When will Tallichet provide financial support to complete the aricraft, no one knows. All that is required for completion is the two engines and instruments, and money.

The P-39 is also sitting with no work performed becaue of a lack of funding.

Yours very truly,
Norman Malayney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:42 am 

"Speaking of the P-82, the WIX's own Steven Dennis is looking for parts for one. Anyone out there have anything? (Still not selling my P-82 chunk Steve! )"

Come on Trevor! You know that piece wants to come and live in my collection! :lol:

Ed, I have Mike Kellner's phone number if you would like to talk to him direct about the B-17 "Desert Rat" that they are restoring. I am planning on bringing a few parts back for him from out west when I go out there in the next month or so. And yes, as Trevor said, I am sure he is still looking for parts so if you know of any........

Let me know if you want his number and I'll send it over to you.

Have a GREAT day!

Steve :wink: