Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:57 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Rob

I must say I am impressed , that was by far the best and most well thought out post I have seen from you and it showed a hell of a lot more diplomacy than you normally bring to your posts :wink:
I hope that will continue, and the more thoughtful and moderate tone will encourage the others to return. As I have said before no one doubts your passion, but it takes a long time to get used to how it comes across, but unfortunately a lot of people don't stick around long enough to realise it :(
There have been a number of great posts in the last day, Ryan and Paul C. have touched on some very important issues...all of which NEED to be discussed. Everyone has something to contribute, everyone has a slightly different view of things, there are cultural, language and political differences, which at times will lead to arguments and misunderstandings BUT we all have the same goal..to see these great peices of history survive for not only ourselves, but future generations.
So lets all move on and get this 'family' back on track..we owe it not only to ourselves, but to Scott for providing the venue to do so...it is up to us what we do with it from here.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:11 pm 
WRG Associate Editor

Rob,

Very well done sir! I thank you for your continued help and commitment to warbirds and welcome the next time we can crack a few open amongst friends and talk the talk... although I'd recommend not doing so after I spend most of the live-long-day getting poked by needles, ok? :P

And in case anyone forgot to say... thanks from the Yank side of the pond for your efforts on the whole Navy issue. Its hard fighting for something you believe in when people don't necessarily know the value of it. Your efforts will pave the way for many future recoveries and will pave the way for the preservation of even the current use warplanes that will someday become warbirds.

Yer buddy from South of the Sommersworth/Berwick Line!
Ryan Keough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:29 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Good job Rob, I have never doubted your passion. You are one of the most knowledgable warbird enthusiasts I have ever met and I'm always amazed at the stuff you remember off the top of your head. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your help.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:31 am 

Rob,

I wholehartedly agree with everyone who responded to your open letter.

I am pleasantly surprised and amazed by the contents of it. It takes a lot of courage to express yourself that way. I have the hightest of respect for that.

Things have got a bit out of hand but I just want to make clear that it hasn't been my intention to insult you, Scott, the USA or anyone else on this forum. The WIX is and has been a very good source of pleasure and information in the past and still is.

I just wanted to let you know that I believe passionately in what I do regarding warbirds etc. Sometimes it goes just too deep and it can get a bit sensitive, but I have never made personal attacks before. Neither do I get out of the way of discussion for that matter.

I apologize that I got tempted to wander off topic and I assure it will never happen again. I have said earlier during the heated debate that I don't have anything against Rob and I respect his actions about the Navy,
his personal achievements in the warbird community as a whole and I for one would like to get copies of his books as they seem to offer a great deal of interesting information. If I ever may have the chance to meet Rob in person, drinks are on me.

If there are differences of opinion regarding the way how to do it, that's just a matter of life, but may not be an issue.

I hope to have cleared up things and if people would like me to stay as a contributor to WIX I would be all to happy to do so. If on the other hand peopel feel I have damaged the forum then I can live with that too.

From the heart (as always).

Cheers

Cees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:39 am 
Cees - as I see it you have nothing to apologize for. I for one enjoy your posts whenever I see them, so for heavens sake don't stop posting and asking questions!

Best Wishes

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:59 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Good on ya lads [ and lasses ].....time for a group hug I think! :lol:

Dave

Post subject: For You, Col. Rohr
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:37 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Buddy, the same way that I was never offended by the idea behing the name "Confederate Air Force" (which I like better than the new politically correct title), the Snowball Militia doesn't faze me at all.

I have met you, and I have exchanged messages with you. I know of your passion for aircraft, and being similarly "loco" about them myself, I can understand your points of view.

Not everyone in this planet is endowed with the ease and facility to communicate either in writing or orally, our thoughts and feelings and for this very basic reasons, we are many a time, misunderstood and misinterpreted.

Being that participation here or elsewhere is a voluntary act, and being that we are adults, I respect the decission of anyone to participate or not to participate, but I would like to implore those who are thinking of leaving or have left, to reconsider because where else are you going to find a forum, where you can discuss our favorite subjects without engaging in the name calling, insults and childish behavior that you find in almost every other forum?

So, Coronel Roberto, you have my friendship and my support.

Someone once said (I wish it had been me): Find what you like to do in life, and do it with a passion.

Un saludo cordial (means, the horse is bucking now, in South-east Northern Spanish)

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:37 am 

DaveM2 wrote:
Good on ya lads [ and lasses ].....time for a group hug I think! :lol:

Dave

As we are all getting 'loved up'......

Now is the time for..............

http://www.countrygoldusa.com/teach_wor ... ing_MU.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:36 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Paul

That might be acceptable if we can get a procession of very low flying B-17s to rumble overhead until we are all done singing :finga:

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:46 am 
WRG Associate Editor

Cees Broere wrote:
Rob,

I hope to have cleared up things and if people would like me to stay as a contributor to WIX I would be all to happy to do so. If on the other hand peopel feel I have damaged the forum then I can live with that too.

From the heart (as always).

Cheers

Cees

Cees,

I think I can speak for the rest of WIX when I say: no apologies needed, no hard feelings, please stay, and please continue to be such a wonderful contributor with insights that many of us may have never experienced. I know it takes a lot to look back at what may have been said and apologize, and for this I thank you.

Best wishes and thank you for your years of commitment to WIX, with a good deal more to come!

Ryan Keough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:45 am 

Hi matey,

Cheers, you are a gentleman and a scholar ( I always wanted to say that).

Now, shall we start arguing who is going to pay for the first drink :D :D

Cheers again,

Cees

Post subject: the first drink
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:52 am 

Cees Broere wrote:
Hi matey,

Cheers, you are a gentleman and a scholar ( I always wanted to say that).

Now, shall we start arguing who is going to pay for the first drink :D :D

Cheers again,

Cees

well, if you two want to come hide down under I'll buy the first drink for you both if that settles the arguments.... be warned though, it'd be aussie grog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:21 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Cees, your more than welcome to stay and contribute or lurk if you wish too. I'm glad you've decided to stay. :)

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:20 pm 
Scott,

How could I refuse.

Cheers

Cees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:30 pm 
S/N Geek

A very stand-up thing to say Rob. Well done!

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.