Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Best Presentation display: F-4 Phantom II

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:27 pm

In your opinion, what F-4 Phantom II is displayed in the most striking visual manner? Pictures are welcome.

????

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:41 pm

what F-4 Phantom II is displayed in the most striking visual manner?

I'm guessing you're referring to currently displayed a/c.
But, I prefer one loaded with weapons................

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:03 pm

I'm partial to the way this one is displayed ! :lol:

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:06 pm

I am a fan of Col. Robin Olds F-4 that is on display at the NMUSAF. That is my favorite, and had a great story to go with it.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:12 pm

mustangdriver wrote:I am a fan of Col. Robin Olds F-4 that is on display at the NMUSAF. That is my favorite, and had a great story to go with it.

I really like that one too, although I wish they had bombs on both wings! :D

F-4C 64-0748 at Langley AFB

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 pm

I personally like Langley AFB's display resident MIG killer F-4C-23-MC, Serial No. 64-0748

these were taken in 2005 at Langley AFB shortly after
going on display. 64-0748 is credited with a MIG 21
kill on 20 May 1967 over North Vietnam. Flown by Maj.
Robert Janca and 1st Lt. William Roberts Jr of the 389
TFS/366 TFW. Callsign: Elgin 01

Shay Geeding
Last edited by Shay on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:15 pm

:shock: WOW those pictures came up big. I guess that's photobucket for you. I'll see what I can do to trim them down.

Shay

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Considering that it is a gate guard, she looks great. Some gate guards are actually kept in really great shape, while others as we know are not.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:21 pm

I kinda like the F-4J that's about to crash into the San Diego Air & Space Museum's Pavillion of Flight... (not my photo)

Fade to Black...

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:31 am

Peter-Four-Oh wrote:I kinda like the F-4J that's about to crash into the San Diego Air & Space Museum's Pavillion of Flight... (not my photo)

Fade to Black...

:shock: I bet someone felt silly when they realized they mounted the thing backwards :oops:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:42 am

Might want to resize those images to 800 pixels wide as a courtesy to lower bandwidth users.

Bill.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:20 am

Bill Kistler wrote:Might want to resize those images to 800 pixels wide as a courtesy to lower bandwidth users.

Bill.

I'm all over it Bill. I resized the pictures, now it's just a matter of how long it's takes photobucket to update and take affect. One of them has resized so far. Sorry for the inconvience.

Shay

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Peter-Four-Oh wrote:I kinda like the F-4J that's about to crash into the San Diego Air & Space Museum's Pavillion of Flight... (not my photo)

Fade to Black...

Is this Cunningham & Driscolls F-4???

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 pm

I believe it is Elroy. It would make sense to paint it up to look like Showtime 100 as Cunningham used to represent San Diego, prior to his major screwup.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:23 pm

You mean the fact that he actually got caught :wink:
Post a reply