Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:55 pm

http://forum.planetalk.net/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=30

FLUGWERK FW-190 pictures from Duxford this week found on another forum. Latest report is that it is now parked with the Blair Buchon on display at DX.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:14 pm

I can't answer for that specific hangar, but simple garage floor paint with a shiny polished varnish will deliver the same results. As with any paint job, the hard work is in the preparation.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:57 am

Negative Jun, the headrest is integral with the canopy, so when the canopy slides back, it travels with it, thus giving the impression of another seat.

8)

Re: Photos

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:34 am

Bill Greenwood wrote:Does anybody know about the paint scheme? I don't remember seeing one with the grey on the top lighter than the underside, but there are many variants not always as one sees in the book.
Bill, it was a mistake when it was first painted and then replicated in a re-paint later on. The grays are reversed. Its on its way back to the UK now so this error will be corrected in due course.

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Some piccies from today:

It's a beauty. Many thanks to Tom Blair for locating this aeroplane at Duxford where we can enjoy it. I'd love to see this bird in the air.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:23 pm

I cant wait to see that flying next to 909 :D

jimh

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:43 am

I've just noticed the detailing on the gear door:

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi
I visited Duxford today (30 Dec) and thought WIXERS might like to see a picture of the Buchon (Spanish built Merlin-engined 109) plus the FW190 together. Interloping is a Spitfire piloted by Rupert Bear :lol:

Regards
Tim

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:42 pm

That 190 is awesome :D :D Sure would like to see a flying example here stateside.
Scott....

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:02 am

RNDMTRS4EVR wrote:Sure would like to see a flying example here stateside.

Does anyone know what progress Rudy Frasca has made with the example that he's had for the past 5 years or so?

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:22 am

It is still in parts.
Post a reply