Switch to full style
If you are new to the forums I would suggest visiting this section first, especially if you would like to join the community
Post a reply

Fort Worth Texas, Invader Squadron

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 am

Hello:

My name is Francis Govers and I'm the leader of the Invader Squadron of the CAF. We are restoring N240P, a 1944 Douglas A-26B Invader. We have also recently acquired a T-34B Mentor.

The Invader is in flying condition and regularly does airshows. Our next appearance is the Warbirds on Parade show at Lancaster, Texas on Aug 30th.

We share a hangar at the Vintage Flying Museum with FiFi (the B-29) and Diamond Lil (the B-24) along with several others (T-33, S-3, Beech 18, T-6, Stearman, and Special K, another A-26 that you are already familiar with).

We are interested in sharing information with other groups who have A-26's, T-34's, or run R-2800 engines.

Professionally, I work for BAE Systems as an avionics designer for the Global Fighter Program. We are currently doing upgrades for F-16's, where I'm in charge of navigation. I just came from working for Airship Ventures (now out of business) where I managed a Zeppelin NT 07 airship.

Cheers,
Francis Govers
Post a reply