Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm 

Hi forum members....Stanley Strazza is my name, I am a retired Operating Engineer Local 115 (Marine Division) from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, on Canada's wild westcoast....I could call myself a wreck-chaser/hunter as for the past ten years as I have been on the chase for a specific Canso-A amphibian CF-FOQ which had crashed on our local mountain called "Benson" in September 17th, 1951...all 20 passengers and 3 crew had perished as she exploded in the violet impact with the shear rock face.....The unsheduled flight #102 (Kitimat- Vancouver) for Queen Charlotte Airlines, did not recover from this major crash as it put the airline operations in a tail-spin from which he they finally sold out Baker and his PWA air carriers shortly afterwards....so you see gentleman, my wreck-chasing has now brought me to you...I am glad to have found your web-site...I have used some of your advise and links to better my search on this subject...as I was a visitor then, this I thank you all for....any further assistance on Canso-A CF-FOQ (military #9738) I would definately appreciate.....(especially any Eastern Seaboard military photos on her Submarine Patrol of the German u-boats Wolfpacks).......cheers!.......Stan the man