Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Hello WIXer's!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 pm 

I'm Bill Gorin, I'm one of the maintenance volunteers at the Vintage Flying Museum in Fort Worth, Texas. As many of you probably already know the VFM is the home of B-17G 44-8543 "Chuckie". I'm an A&P technician and my day job finds me teaching biz jets, after having worked on them for the past 10 years or so. I started out in the USAF as a B-52G Crew Chief, then moved on to KC-10's, got out and worked on flight school 150's and eventually landed a job at Cavanaugh Flight Museum back before it was officially open to the public. I helped assemble thier Mk VIII Spitfire and got it certified. I then moved on to biz jets (gotta pay the bills) and back in the Reserves Crewin' F-16's and now I'm lucky enough that the VFM lets me take care of Chuckie on the weekends. Check out my posting in the "Maintenance Hangar" board, I plan on updating it regularly during the annual inspection. I noticed that Ol 927 and Sabremech's threads were pretty popular and hope that I can do as good of a job as they did.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=57513906106