Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 pm 

I found this site while googling specifically for "warbird forums". Glad to be here.

I've had a fascination over WWII aircraft since I was a young child in the early 1960s. My dad had a small collection of WWII "Recognition Books" and I would pore over them repeatedly, committing to memory every relevant scrap of info they contained on WWII aircraft. My meager allowance was spent on models of all sorts of WWII planes, but even then I began to develop favorites. The P-51 was, and still is, number one. But I loved the clean lines of the FW-190, was fascinated by the "outside of the box" design of the P-38, and was in awe of the sheer grace of the Supermarine Spirfire.

I was determined that I would be a fighter pilot for either the Air Force or the Navy -- until I discovered I needed glasses. My hopes were dashed. It was during this same year that I began to play the guitar, and finding solace there, excelled in it -- and it's been downhill ever since

There have been times in my life when I have had the spare funds to get a pilots license, and as I look back, I wish I would have pursued this instead of other ambitions. But so it goes. Nonetheless, I remain a die-hard fan of this whole field of aviation.

Beginning in the early 1980s, I became very interested in photography, and shortly thereafter, began attending airshows, burning through rolls upon rolls of film. As my photographic skills improved, my library of aviation-related photos grew. I remained active in airshow attendance until the early 90s, at which time other obligations caused me to have to cut back on my photographic output in general.

Fast forward a decade and a half or so, and I would like to get back into attending airshows, meeting some of the pilots, and once again capturing good photos. If I can't fly 'em, I may as well have nice pics of 'em I can look at, eh?

I've just finished scanning all the slides that were keepers from the days I went to every air show I could. If y'all have any interest, I'd be happy to post some of 'em.

Well, that's about enough for now, I'm figuring. Glad to be here.

Best,

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 am 
Senior Moderator

Welcome!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

Z

Join us for the Texas Warbird Report on WarbirdRadio.com!
Image http://www.facebook.com/WarbirdRadio
Listen at http://www.warbirdradio.com