Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Re: RCAF Avro Lancaster Mk.10 AR KB882 Restoration

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Just reading your note,the Hudson ,had no nose when it was at acam.,and then rear fuselage was cut off after the bulkhead at the rear turret,and was not crushed.As I mentioned before the nose came from California.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Just reading your note,the Hudson ,had no nose when it was at acam.,and then rear fuselage was cut off after the bulkhead at the rear turret,and was not crushed.As I mentioned before the nose came from California.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:05 pm

helinut wrote:As I mentioned before the nose came from California.

Was it this one that I spotted at Chino ten years ago?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Chris,you are correct that is the same nose section...

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 am

At Last! (Oct 2nd) Parts of the Lancaster KB882 have started to arrive at Trenton.

Wednesday, October 4th, the balance of the Lancaster arrived in four more truckloads!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am

Article with photos showing most of the pieces of KB882 arriving at Trenton.
http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/art ... 2Fj7oyw60j

That last photo made me cringe! (see attached)
Lancaster KB882’s cockpit is carefully lifted from the flatbed trailer.

Carefully lifted, huh?
I know that she's going to be completely restored, but let's not add to the volunteers' workload by crunching the bottom edges of the fuselage... :x

Regardless, I'm glad to see she made it to Trenton relatively intact.

:partyman:
Attachments
_rcs0599-(1024x661).jpg

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:08 pm

That and cutting the flight control rods in the fuselage at the assembly joints.. maybe time was not on their side not sure??

Saying that though I am pleased to see her go to trenton as she will look fantastic one day.

Heres a couple of videos..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lancaster+kb882&sp=CAJQFA%253D%253D
Post a reply