Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Mustang Wiring Harness

Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:16 am

We need to build an engine wiring harness for our P51-H project. The harness is fairly simple but where can I find reference or guidlines for how to tie the bundles of wire, how far apart, what to use to tie with ect?
Advise on how to or where to look appreciated.
Thanks,
Curt Arseneau
Restoration Volunteer
Chanute Air Museum

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Here’s an excerpt on wiring harnesses from NAVAIR 01-60FGB-2.

Re: Mustang Wiring Harness

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:16 pm

I've got extras if you need a template. Just give it back when you're done! Jim

carseneau wrote:We need to build an engine wiring harness for our P51-H project. The harness is fairly simple but where can I find reference or guidlines for how to tie the bundles of wire, how far apart, what to use to tie with ect?
Thanks,
Curt Arseneau
Restoration Volunteer
Chanute Air Museum

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 am

Did you know that less than 50 miles away is a grand champion Mustang expert? Call Midwest Aero in Danville for information regarding the Mustang.
VL
Life Member - Chanute Museum

Re: Mustang Wiring Harness

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 pm

carseneau wrote:We need to build an engine wiring harness for our P51-H project. The harness is fairly simple but where can I find reference or guidlines for how to tie the bundles of wire, how far apart, what to use to tie with ect?
Thanks,
Curt Arseneau
Restoration Volunteer
Chanute Air Museum

Are you talking standard electrical wiring or the ignition wiring for the Spark plugs?
You can get the microfilm for the P-51H from the NASM.
I have all of them and the whole set covers early to the H.
Otherwise the -2 manual should also show circuits and probably references a tech manual for electrical standards.
Rich
Post a reply