Switch to full style
This section is for discussion of all things military, past or present, that are related to active duty. Armor, Infantry, Navy stuff all welcome here. In service images and stories welcome here.
Post a reply

WWII Japanese Medals Found

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 pm

This past week my father gave me 2 small Japanese medals that he said my grandfather got while he was deployed in the PTO in WWII. My grandfather was an infrantryman in the Army and was primarily in Korea. I don't have any details on how my grandfather acquired them - its possible he actually took them from a Japanese soldier(s) (he was in combat there) or maybe there was some sort of souvenir market of sorts over there?

Is there anyone here, or another website, that can ID what these medals are? They both have what appears to be Japanese writing on the back. I have no idea how to post pictures on this site.

All help is welcome.

Re: WWII Japanese Medals Found

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Q: How do I post pictures?

A: You have to host the pics elsewhere and then link them in a message using the img tag. A lot of memnbers use photobucket.com which is a free service and is easy to use.

So all you have to do is:
Goto photobucket.com & sign up for account
upload picture to your photobucket account
copy img link and post it in your message here

Also, please make sure that the image is no larger than 10 inches (720 pixels) wide as a curtesy to those of us with smaller monitors.
Post a reply