Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:54 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

fritzthefox wrote:
Here's a nice clip of it showing off some off its more advanced features, like wobbling when the pilot gets in it and the special low-visibility, distorto-vision canopy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3F_lIsjGNas

Ahmadinejad wrote:
"It carries the message of peace, friendship and brotherhood. Our military achievements do not pose a threat to anyone."

So... Therefore you decided to name it the Conqueror?

I can't stop thinking that the canopy looks like it was made from the privacy glass block used in bathroom windows.

Warbird Philosophy Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 pm 

Just like the Chinese, the Iranians are very good at technological espionage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

your in big trouble w/ homeland security buddy boy!!! that photo is highly classified!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm 

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't part of me hoping this is some sort of viral marketing for the highly anticipated Top Gun 2!

-Tim

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 am 

I can get straighter reflections off panel junctions in models I made out of balsa. Someone above is right ... looks like Bondo badly done.

The diamond-shape things where the intakes SHOULD be are of interest. If there is no intake there, why are the contours so boxy? Ever hear of drag?

And if anyone thinks the canopy seal areas on real airplanes are just flat surfaces, then they haven't tried sealing them at Mach 1+ speeds.

Interesting. It would have been cool if they used the model from "Firefox." Now THERE as a plane! Never seen another one that could land on an ice flow and stop with the nose out over the water, make a 160° turn and not have the edge of the ice break off. Must have been those "low pressure" 8-inch tires!

Try THAT in your run-of-the-mill stealth jet! As long as you're at it, also try the dodge through ice canyons at Mach 3 like Clint Eastwood! A fist-fighting pilot who has an Orangatan, kills old-west outlaws, and dies over an old Grand Torino. It would be better to die climbing out of your grilfriend's window after being shot by her husband. At least you'd have a good story when you talk with the next entity you encounter.