Switch to full style
This section will be used as a repository for the picture rich posts that occasionally occur.
Post a reply

Welcome To the Photo Gallery

Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:33 am

This section will be used as a repository for the picture rich posts that occasionally occur. I will move those posts here so they can be more easily viewed and don't slide into the oblivion of old posts. If you would like to see a post moved here then PM with the URL and I'll see about having it moved.

Re: Welcome To the Photo Gallery

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Scott,
I am new to the whole forum scene - How exactly does one view the images people have posted. Many of the posts read

but I am not seeing any pictures.

Also, not quite sure how your search function works - I tried something simple like PBJ-1D, links to which come up on google searches, but not internally at WIX. When I try to search for something I know I have seen contained in posts it tells me "nothing found" (sic).

Thanks in advance for your help,
Shaun

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 pm

One of the "free" photo hosting sites (Webshots) changed format and started charging to host photos. Many did not want the pay service so the links broke when the hosting site cut them off. Unless the person that posted the pictures wants to upload them to another site, you may not be able to see them again. You may want to contact whoever posted the photos and see if they would be willing to upload them to another site or e-mail them directly to you.

I had posted hundreds if not thousands of photos over the years. It would take me weeks to upload those to another free site and fix the links in each post. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do that and many of the photos I took are of restorations in progress that are already flying so there may not be much remaining interest in them.

One possibility is the internet wayback machine, although I'm not sure if that just saves text or saves photos too.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm

bdk wrote:One of the "free" photo hosting sites (Webshots) changed format and started charging to host photos. Many did not want the pay service so the links broke when the hosting site cut them off. Unless the person that posted the pictures wants to upload them to another site, you may not be able to see them again. You may want to contact whoever posted the photos and see if they would be willing to upload them to another site or e-mail them directly to you.

I had posted hundreds if not thousands of photos over the years. It would take me weeks to upload those to another free site and fix the links in each post. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do that and many of the photos I took are of restorations in progress that are already flying so there may not be much remaining interest in them.

One possibility is the internet wayback machine, although I'm not sure if that just saves text or saves photos too.

Check out the iTunes store for photosync. I now use it to move GoPro video off the iPad to the desktop. Thank you Jim Wilson...
Post a reply