Switch to full style
This section is for the buying and selling of model kits, parts, tools, supplies, designs, etc...
Post a reply

Wanted: B-26 decals "Terre Haute Tornado"

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Subject title pretty much sums it up.
I am wondering if any one has a sheet or if anyone makes one.

I may just have to make them myself...that oughta look GREAT!!!

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:19 am

Is that for a B-26 Marauder, or B-26 Invader?

Kurt

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 am

Marauder

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm

What is you connection to Terre Haute? I was at the historial society building a number of years ago in terre haute and they had several picutres of theT.H. tornado and artifacts

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:32 am

My Grandfather grew up in Jasonville, Indiana about 30 miles south of Terre Haute. He went over to North Africa/Middle East on the Pasteur with the 9th Air Force and was with the 9th until the end of the war. I am doing a modelling project of every type he may have seen/laid hands on during his time overseas. Ive completed a P-40F from the 57th FG and am now doing a B-26 and want to do the marking of Terre Haute Tornado.

If I have to I will do my own decals but am wondering if there is a sheet on it.

Regards,
Mark

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm

How did you know about the Tornado? Was that his plane?

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm

Broken Wrench,
No, he didn't fly with the 9th but I am sure he saw it, fixed it, loaded it, and/or knew about it since Terre Haute was so close to his home town in Indiana.
I am doing a modeling project on every type the 9th employed that he might have seen/laid his hands on.
I saw the "Terre Haute Tonado" in the 9th Air Force in Colour book that I have and thought it would be perfect.
Regards,
Mark
Post a reply