Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Technical material on the deHaviland Mosquito....
Is of very high quality (if you know where to look) and has exactly the technical information I want 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Is ok, but patchy - it would take work to extract interesting information 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Is historically interesting, but you'd never truly understand the aircraft from it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Exists only in the hands of dedicated collectors (who are all very rich) and possibly either the Library of Congress or the British Library 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Does not exist today. At least, not the sort being looked for. Depending on how deHavilland built the parts, good documentation may never have existed, 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:54 am 

I'm looking for a copy of the Mosquito Manual (ISBN: 0853683912, or 0882544462) Pilot's Manual for the Mosquito (ISBN 0879940271) or the Pilot's Notes for the Mosquito (there are at least three in the set for different classes of Mosquito - not all editions seem to have ISBNs).

I'm also looking for any books detailing the construction of the Mosquito - blueprints or schematics would be ideal, but it's not clear they still exist. However, with reconstruction efforts in several countries, the odds are something exists on how these things are built!

A full-sized deHaviland Mosquito would be fun, but it's not a book so I can't ask for that here. Also, it would never fit through the front door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have issues 1 & 2 of squadron signal publication's mosquito books. about as comprehensively illustrated with pics, diagrams, etc. let me know if interested, 8 bucks each. + shipping. best, tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:50 pm 

Hi,

The information does exist. Back in the 60's or 70's, there was an add in a magazine, I forget which one now, that had advertised that they had either found or reprinted a limited supply of the manuals AND THE DRAWINGS for the Mosquito. By the time I had convinced my mother that that was what I really wanted for the next several years worth of Birthday presents (I think that they were about $50.00 US) and had mailed off a check, they were sold out and my check was returned.

Oh well.....

Kenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:20 pm 

kennsmithf2g wrote:
Hi,

The information does exist. Back in the 60's or 70's, there was an add in a magazine, I forget which one now, that had advertised that they had either found or reprinted a limited supply of the manuals AND THE DRAWINGS for the Mosquito. By the time I had convinced my mother that that was what I really wanted for the next several years worth of Birthday presents (I think that they were about $50.00 US) and had mailed off a check, they were sold out and my check was returned.

Oh well.....

Kenn

If you can recall the name of the magazine, or (if it was a company advertising in the magazine) who the company was, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying to dig up this information for a while and this is actually the most solid lead I have that any drawings beyond oil paintings and not-to-scale think-this-was-somewhat-what-it-was-like artist impressions exist anywhere.