Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i've got thousands of vintage negatives that i'm brokering for a seller. i don't know what's duplicated from original in alot of circumstances. they consist of aviation personality icons, tons of old air racing & general aviation. i believe most are original. anything w/ writing on the neg itself i know was copped from a magazine or book. however, most negatives are darker in regard to the celluloid they are imaged on which leads me to the conclusion that they are original. i've got tons more to go through. a 1 of a kind collection.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 pm 

Hi Brad:

Do you think it is worthwhile to get the greyscale option? The reason I ask is that I have some really bad Heinkel drawings and I'm worried that getting a 1-bit scanner will make the problems worse...

How good does your film look when viewed in the reader? On your site, the drawing looked very clear on the computer.

Any info you can share would be great!

Regards,
James

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 am 

fshort wrote:
Hi Brad:

Do you think it is worthwhile to get the greyscale option? The reason I ask is that I have some really bad Heinkel drawings and I'm worried that getting a 1-bit scanner will make the problems worse...

How good does your film look when viewed in the reader? On your site, the drawing looked very clear on the computer.

Any info you can share would be great!

Regards,
James

I really think grayscale is useful. Mine is 1-bit B&W and some of my negatives are really messy and have gradations in the background. It makes for a manual headache, but is doable if you have a lot of patience. Personally, I'd just like to scan in with grayscale and play with levels, curves and contrast in photoshop on a single scan instead of manually piecing areas together with B&W scans.

IMHO, whatever scanner you get, shoot for at least 16 grays. So much more detail is retained that way. While I can scan in black and white, it gives me fits with how slow the process is getting a good scan composited together.

Last edited by BHawthorne on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 am 

Guernsey FL wrote:
These people scanned my microfilm for me for free:

http://stores.ebay.com/FLUG-ARCHIV-20

Ask.

Those guys break NASM contract that you sign when you purchase the microfilm. Those guys will turn it around and sell copies of the microfilm on DVD. NASM required you to sign certain rights away in exchange for the microfilm. While I'd love to have them scan in all my F-84F microfilm, I don't care to get sued by NASM for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:25 pm 

@BHawthorne...

Just curious (since I couldn't find the blog) about your Microfiche Scanner 400 setup. The SCSI board for the unit is on the way, with all the software. However, the packet says Windows 3.1, 95/NT; is that the only drivers there are for this? The rest I can figure out.

What are you using for software/drivers/OS?

Thanks,
Vernon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:05 am 

Hiiii,

You have to choose a wide range of microfilm scanning services that includes all digital formats: Bi-tonal (black and white) and grayscale scanning of 16mm and 35mm microfilm; Bi-tonal and grayscale scanning of microfiche including COM, and jacketed fiche.... :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 am 

HIIi

According to me, for quality microfilm scanning & microfiche scanning, Creekside Digital is the clear choice. Digitize 35mm Microfilm Services microfilm scanning services have converted millions of frame.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm 

Hello,

Do you have Microfiche records stored in cabinets or boxes but no way to quickly access them and no backups in case the worst happens?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:55 pm 

Hello there,

Can a 35mm film scanner be used to digitize microfilm?

Thanks
Jhon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 am 

Hi,

I have limited office space and a small budget. What's the most cost-effective imaging solution for me?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:30 pm 

Hello,

I have a question, how we will scan your 16mm or 35mm microfilm rolls into PDF, TIFF or JPG electronic documents?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm 

Our Microfilm, Microifiche and Aperture card conversion servicees can make high caliber computerized pictures for wide range of private and open associations,
Can Scan it about any arrangement, pdf included.
Microfiche Scanning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 am 

Hello,

I think it is painful to scan 35mm & there is not an exact way.
Is this possible to separate microfilm in two parts?
Thanks...