Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions pertaining to Air Racing and Aerobatics of NON-Warbird aircraft. In addition this is the place to discuss General Aviation aircraft topics and yes Michael, that includes flying Lawnmowers :)
Post a reply

Learjet production to end

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Bombardier has announced that they will be ending Learjet production later this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... d=msedgntp

Re: Learjet production to end

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:46 am

Not a bad run, 55 years.
It would be interesting to know how much similarity there is between the 23 24 and current offerings. Probably not much aside from styling.

I certainly enjoyed my flight in one.

While not the first bizjet, it was among the first small jets (The JetStar And Sabreliner were in a totally different league).

And I beliwve, it was beat to market by the Jet Commander, but still became the most famous, giving its name to the genre.
(A bit like the Plymouth Barracuda, it beat the Ford Mustang to the market by two weeks, yet the segment became known as "pony cars").

Re: Learjet production to end

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:53 am

JohnB wrote:While not the first bizjet, it was among the first small jets (The JetStar And Sabreliner were in a totally different league).
I believe Clay Lacy's involvement and salesmanship might have had a lot to do with it.

JohnB wrote:(A bit like the Plymouth Barracuda, it beat the Ford Mustang to the market by two weeks, yet the segment became known as "pony cars").
Instead of "Pony Cars" they might have been "Sport-Fish Cars"? :shock:
Post a reply