Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Hall Bulldog
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:23 pm 

am collecting 3-views for a model project. any input on which are the best??
Best = most accurate. I have three already but none match phots very well.
TIA
charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:40 am 

What 3-views do you have? I think I have several also. I'll check tonight.

Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:31 pm 

We have one bt Tag Larson, another from Reed Kinnert, and the very detailed sheet by Vern Clements. All show a degree of "inventiveness" when compared to photos.

BTW, our "model" is full size. tubing is being cut and welded. Just found an engine. we are using computer enhanced photos for detailed analyisis. there are no plans.We are making it up as we go along but trying to conform to the images. tires and wheel possibly this weekend. It should be sitting on its gear shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:59 pm 

Charles, Is your project to fly, or for static display? Either way, thats an awesome project and wish you luck...

We were talking about the bulldog today at work. We're currently covering our Kinner Sportster after complete rebuild. The previous paint scheme was the Hall Bulldog black swooshes over red wings and fuselage and thats the way it will be finished again. While comparing pictures of the kinner from years ago and the bulldog, we got to talking about building a bulldog... too many cool projects, not enough time, money, etc. If I may ask, what are you doing for landing gear. That, and the wing roots, were the stumbling points we hadn't ironed out in our 15 minute discussion.

Where's your project located? Would love to see a picture or two...

Goodluck again, T.J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:40 pm 

Our project could be a flyer but believe the customer only wants it for static display.

One of the more interesting things about the inter war race palnes is their reatively small physical stature. Cost in materials being very reasonable. Engines are fairly easy to find as well. A high time, but still runable P&W will be fitted.

We are currently located outside of Exeter Ca, about eight miles East of Visalia. Will post photos as soon as customer has gotten his latest progress report and agrees we can.