Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine Luftwaffe Resource Center WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am 
Group Captain

Always neat to see the local breakfast spot on my favourite warbird forum :lol: Dave, did you ever visit when it was called The Screamin Spitfire? Since it has become Flippin Eggs it is seeing much more fly-in traffic which is awesome. It is pretty quiet otherwise since Sky Harbour refinishing closed.

A few years ago the Huron County Museum scanned a collection of photos taken around Huron County during the BCATP you can see here.

https://digital.huroncounty.ca/collection

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:11 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Tom, I can't remember my first trip to Goderich it was so long ago. But I do remember at about age 5 being scrunched into the baggage compartment of a C-172 (that had 4 adults in it) for a flight from Sarnia to there. And not minding! -- in fact I went to sleep!

I remember Hoppy Hopkinson a bit, and the hangar before the fire, with all the model aircraft, and skinless wings and fuselages hoisted up to the rafters. And I happened to see the Goderich Lancaster fuselage being choppered to Hamilton, from the window of my grandparent's house in Ayr.

But I never made it to the Screamin' Spitfire -- maybe not a great name for a restaurant?

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm 
Group Captain

Love the song and the video ain't bad...
https://vimeo.com/237832227

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52