Switch to full style
This forum is for use by reenactors and those interested in this subject.
Post a reply

really good 1950s flight jackets

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm

I'd always wanted a good MA-1 replica from how they first were issued, not one of the billion of knockoffs you can find anywhere.
An original would be tough to find as I wear a 42-44 inch chest due to my shoulders and I'm 6 feet tall. Not a lot of jackets were made that size. And the high end Asian replicas like Buzz Rickson's or Real McCoys would require a mortgage to pay for one.
I recently found that this vendor out of China makes really good stuff!
https://bronsonshop.com/collections/jackets-coats
I pulled the trigger after seeing some online reviews from jacket fans. They all said it's an excellent jacket and it was less than $200 shipped to my home.
Sadly, they were quickly running out and the vendor directly was already out of my size (now, all sizes) but I found a good eBay vendor who had two left. As they were really Chinese sizes, I got the XXL and it fits me very well. I'd forgotten how heavy the real ones were until I opened the bag:
Yeah, maybe those high end Asian repros are a little better, but not for how much more you'd have to pay for one (as if you could find anything but a midget size anyway). But if they did this good with this MA-1, I'd assume the rest of their stuff isn't bad.
Anyway, I'd wanted am authentic wearable MA-1 for many years and I now have one.
Post a reply