Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions about Airshows, aviation events and allows WIX member to coordinate a get together and meet ups at these events.
Post a reply

Would you be interested in a Utah military tour?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 pm

Absolutely, sign me up
No votes
Yes, potentially sounds good
67%
Meh
No votes
No, I've got other places to go
33%
Nope, no way - unless the Enola Gay is flying in.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Out west - any interest?

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:42 pm

So as I sit here working through the end of the year it got me to wondering.

How many WIXers out there would be interested in - all things COVID considered - some kind of a gathering in the West. Specifically, Wendover Airfield and potentially a couple other Military museums in Utah. I am thinking the museum at Hill AFB, Utah CAF Wing and or Fort Douglas in Salt Lake (although I have not talked to them yet).

The Wendover museum does an all day tour which covers most of the base including the south base where the atomic prototype bombs were assembled. These are guided tours with our curator and you get a lot of "behind the scenes" stories and info. Potentially if our partner museums can, we would get something a little more special put together at their locations as well.

This is really in the "embryo" stage but I thought I would get a feel for what kind of interest is out there. Let me know if you have any questions or how I might reasonably :lol: peak your interest.

Thanks,

Tom P.

Re: Out west - any interest?

Wed May 12, 2021 3:42 pm

HECK YEAH!
Post a reply